Overnight Butt and Brisket smoke - with pictures

B.Watts

TVWBB Fan
My neighbor bought a butt on sale for $0.84 a pound and called me on the way home from the store to ask if I would smoke it for him in exchange for some of the meat.

I said sure. Even better that I'd have some extra room to try my first brisket. Gotta get ready for tailgating season coming up in the fall.

Threw the butt on the bottom and the packer on the top a couple hours ago. Things are humming along at 245. Looking forward to a good lunch tomorrow.

Pictures of the smoke so far:
http://www.facebook.com/album....7072311&l=fc9a82731a

Fingers crossed that my first brisket will be a success. Planning to make burnt ends tomorrow morning as well.

Great pics. Love the little one hanging out on the bottom shelf.
icon_cool.gif
I see you get UTZ chips down your way. Love the regular UTZ chips in the white and red bag. Keep the pics coming, and good luck with your cook.
icon_smile.gif

Looks like the rain will be here in a few hours. I may be finishing things off in the oven for the first time.

Nice pictures and I love the metal prep table. That is awesome. How big was the brisket? Looks huge! Vince

10 lbs untrimmed. This is my first brisket, so I'm not sure how big they go, but this one was a "medium" one out of the 6-7 I had to choose from at Walmart.

The prep table makes a great, cheap, kitchen island. We actually have the house a bit de-cluttered because we may put it on the market. Usually, the bottom shelf stores about twice the number of appliances as it currently has. Since the top is stainless, we often just prep for smoking or baking directly on the surface and then wipe it down where we're done.

Brisket is at 176 and the rain is just about an hour away.

Cook is done. Meat is pulled and sliced and cooling. Will post updated pictures soon. Everything came out great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
You're a brave soul to pour the lit coals from your chimney while wearing sandals
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's how he learned to tap dance.
icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, that food really looks good! That photo of the finished butt reminds me of a geode: looks like nothing much on the outside, but when you crack it open you see the beauty.

Back