Orange Marmalade Sriracha Wings

Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Many add grape jelly to there sauce as a rib glaze...quite tasty...as was this recipe! Good stuff. Gonna spatchcock a couple game hens next weekend and glaze w/ this mixture, cant wait.

What is the definition of "spatchcock?"

Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Many add grape jelly to there sauce as a rib glaze...quite tasty...as was this recipe! Good stuff. Gonna spatchcock a couple game hens next weekend and glaze w/ this mixture, cant wait.

What is the definition of "spatchcock?" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's the Nakedwhiz definition:

"Spatchcock the chicken. What's that? It's a term that is thought to have originated in 18th century Ireland. It means "to butterfly". Basically, you cut the backbone out of the chicken so you can open it up and press it flat."

The process can be seen here.

Chris also did a page and video that can be seen here.

Bill

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
I ordered a 17oz bottle for $9.89
Super Wal-Mart carries the Siracha with the green top and the Rooster on the front of the bottle for $2.00 a bottle. Been buying it there for years.
icon_wink.gif

Thanks Bryan,
I cancelled it with Amazon; I guess I just never looked for it in stores before... I will pick some up this week, I must try this marinade... mmmm

Wow, those look great. Sriracha (not Siracha, but you'll find it on google either way) is a great hot sauce, very versatile. I'm going to have to try this.

I make duck breast with a pan sauce of fig jam and Sriracha, thyme, garlic, etc.

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Good Gawd Hayden! That chicken looks awesome!

Yeeeeeah buddy. It was definitely a good bird. We have a gourmet market about a mile from here that has a huge prepared food section, which is where I got the twice baked spuds. They foiled them, and I put them on the grill for the last 30 mintues of the cook. Delicious. Next time I'll get two birds. I cooked for my mom last night, and she wasn't real keen on only getting half of one. LOL

I picked up a couple of buffalo ribeyes at the butcher when I picked up the chicken. Can't wait to do those up on the cast iron grate.

I heart Gary's red performer. There isn't a want, need, or desire for me to ever travel to Oklahoma in my entire life...but I'd make the trip to snatch that grill. LOL

Gary, I just wanted to be the first to offer my services; I would be glad to "guard" your red performer in my back yard.... I promise Hayden will never think to look there
icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Ralph Grunz:
Gary, I just wanted to be the first to offer my services; I would be glad to "guard" your red performer in my back yard.... I promise Hayden will never think to look there
icon_cool.gif

Georgia's a helluva lot closer than Oklahoma! Yeah...Gary...so...let Ralph "guard" it for you.

Pssst. Ralph. Yo RALPH! *elbow*

I made these again last night and brought some leftovers for lunch today. I just snapped this pic. Wings, chili rellenos, and rice...

08-07-09_1005.jpg

Originally posted by Gary Michael:
Oklahoma is great! Cost of living is low..last year OKC was the #1 in the most recession proof (now its 3rd I think) but anyway...had to say that to Hayden
icon_biggrin.gif
Now the grill..yes I love my Grill!! She is a beauty. On my lunch break I picked up two excellent looking T-bones from Sams to cook this weekend. Heres some grill candy for you
http://i299.photobucket.com/al...284/gpalasz/done.jpg

You're such a grill tease Gary!

Back