Opened my first bag of Jealous Devil and did some New Yorks!

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
I got a few bags of JD lump a while back but needed to get through some other charcoal I had open. Thought some fairly basic NY steaks would be good first cook.
Did a nice coat of Montreal and prepped some green beans and onions for the cast iron on Gold B.
IMG_5459.jpegGot the coals goingIMG_5457.jpegDid These direct, hot and fast
IMG_5463.jpegCranked up the Gold B and got the beans going
IMG_5462.jpegPulled the steaks IMG_5464.jpegI liked how the JD performed. Great taste without a lot of initial smoke. Sliced and plated!IMG_5465.jpegIMG_5466.jpegIMG_5468.jpegCheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a beautiful 125° and rested cook. You always put on a good show. Glad you liked the JD. It’s become my standard. You’ll enjoy pairing many different woods with it.

Hopefully you have some leftovers for a steak Sammy or two.

I've never been a huge fan of using lump but this post is making me want to give it another try, especially now that I have the Summit Kamado. I'm just about through my 10 bag order of $4.99 B&B from Walmart a little over a year ago. I'll have to try the JD.

Can't find it around here either. After seeing this I want steak tonight! Looks mouth watering! Love the shrubbery and flowers too.

I got a few bags of JD lump a while back but needed to get through some other charcoal I had open. Thought some fairly basic NY steaks would be good first cook.
Did a nice coat of Montreal and prepped some green beans and onions for the cast iron on Gold B.
View attachment 89225Got the coals goingView attachment 89226Did These direct, hot and fast
View attachment 89227Cranked up the Gold B and got the beans going
View attachment 89228Pulled the steaks View attachment 89229I liked how the JD performed. Great taste without a lot of initial smoke. Sliced and plated!View attachment 89230View attachment 89231View attachment 89232Cheers!
Looks like a perfect meal.
I have a bag set aside as was well.

Back