Old Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_W

TVWBB Super Fan
I bought an Old Kettle at an estate sale today. ]It is 18 in, uses the exact same grill as my WSM. It has a lid that the sides go up steeper and round off to a more flat top. It has 3 vents on the bottom with 3 holes each. It also has an 8 inch ring with holes and mounts for a rotisserie. I also bought a rotisserie that doesnt quite fit, still new in the box dated 1984. The Kettle is little used and lacks on only the rubber tires to go on the plastic wheels. Cost me $10

The three hole vent cover on the top is stamped Weber Stephens Arlington Heights, IL.
Kevin Walsh told me in another post that it was probably made in the 1970's. I will probably fit the rotisserie to it and use it that way although it is possible to remove the ring and use it simply as a kettle.

Bill - can you post a picture? Some people like to look at old cars; we like to look at pictures of Weber grills!

Pat

I don't have a place to post pictures on line, but I could take some pictures and find how to post them somewhere.

Bill - don't worry about it! Just let us know how that fabulous old kettle cooks.

If you do get a hankerin' to post some pics, I use photobucket to store pictures on line, but there are a ton of sites that let you do it for free. I don't recall if the instructions to the forum for posting pictures suggests one or more sites or not.

Picture link is now working Bill.
Neat old kettle.
A great find, and with a roti ring too!

Bill's kettle:
10-31-2009001.jpg

Looks like an old BBQ - Kettle! Excellent!

I've got a charcoal rotisserie that I use on one of my kettles and I love it. Best chicken ever.

You're going to get a lot of enjoyment out of this one.

Pat

We also have a mid 70s 22in kettle that we use frequently. Found it out on the street for the trash man. Like this one it has no tires on the plastic wheels.

I installed the rotisserie his morning. Any suggestions on how much charcoal and how hot to keep the temperature at the lid vent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back