Okay I'm cheating on my WSM & using Brinkmann too hot

David Collier

TVWBB Fan
Out of town with family, they opened a brand new Brinkmann, only using it because my WSM is at home. No way to control heat, began with minion method but fire is already 300 at one hour, no way I can find to control heat. Water pan is full, any help? Other than I know I should be using a WSM!!!

don't worry about it. 300 is not that hot. what are you cooking? just plan on it getting done sooner.

Thanks for the help. Smoking two 8lb butts. I guess they will be done sooner than later, usually like to keep low heat at 225 but have been able to maintain around 260. I was afraid it was going to stay over 300, but I think I will be okay. Will insert inner probes about 10pm tonight. Probably will be done around 3am.

Not to be negative, but I bet the temp goes down at night when the coals get choked out from the ash. Might want to plan a reload. Good luck.

Keep an eye on the water. If it runs out the temp will spike in that little smoker. Been there, done that, survived.
icon_smile.gif
The ECB is more work than a WSM, I've read, but it will produce delicious pulled pork.

Back