Ok fellas it's on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Al

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey guys hope you all are well and are enjoying the time of the holidays. I am writing because the other day, my older bro called and invited me to Da Bears/Packers game on Jan. 2nd. Hell yeah. Anyway, he asked me to smoke something for him. (I guess he really liked my turkey and ham on thanksgiving hehe) Anyway, as far as I know and as far as I would want to, I don't think he wants me to haul my bullet up there for tailgating, if that was the case then I would do something fast, like a turkey. What I was thinking of was doing some pork butts overnight of course. They have to be off the cooker by about 630 am because as far as I know we are leaving about 7. I would just rest them in my cooler on the way to the game, makes sense right? So what my question is, is that instead of going to the same ole' *wally world* I was thinking of calling around to my local meat markets for some *FRESH* pork butts. I really can't stand enhanced meat, (right Bryan) hehe. So if I do find some fresh butts, do I have to cure/brine them in anyway?? Thanks guys.

Big Al

If you have access to a Sam's you might can get fresh cryovaced butts there. Around here the prices at Sam's are a good bit lower than the butcher shops. Trouble is, last time I looked for butts at Sam's ( three weeks ago ) they didn't have any so I had to go to the butcher. Are pork butts at Sam's a seasonal thing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken McCrary:
Are pork butts at Sam's a seasonal thing? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Both the Sam's and BJ's here in Charlotte keep them in stock. You should ask at your store -- It may be seasonal in your area but they can order a case in, probably 4 to 6 butts

Sam's year-round here. I usually get a two-pack in cryo from the back, and split with my neighbor. 50¢/lb. cheaper that way, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back