Noisy Probes - Need Better Power Supply?

I did the opkg install but the HeaterMeter version didn't change on the configuration page? I do see the new option now though. Also, how do I disable the hm-noise.hex addition I have turned on?

root@OpenWrt:/mnt/mmcblk0p4# opkg install linkmeter_12_brcm2708.ipk
Installing linkmeter (12) to root...
Configuring linkmeter.
Stopping LuCId superserver: lucid.
Starting LuCId superserver: lucid.

I went back to AVR Firmware page and flashed heatermeter.hex from the trunk and now I have the new firmware version showing on the configuration page. I think this also removed the hm-noise.hex graph... So, things look good. Will have to see if I can make some noise and make sure it's golden.

I'm thrilled with this update. Thanks Bryan!

KBpLvc8.png

wNVrGvS.png

Yah, nice work on this one Bryan... A switch you can flip to make the noise from your outlet go away... AWESOME!
Everything loaded fine for me here, though I currently have no noise to speak of so I can't test its effectiveness, I'm glad it's there for when I have to run from different outlets...

I just loaded the trunk/heatermeter.hex image on my second HM and the option didn't show up in the configuration page. I had to also install the linkmeter_12_brcm2708.ipk with opkg to get the option to show up.

IDK, not EVERYONE has noise issues, so maybe it is best the default remain OFF and leave it up to the user to turn it on if they have issues?

@Tony: Yeah the heatermeter.hex firmware enables the option but it is off by default, the webui is in the snapshot package but it is still labeled v12 so it is hard to tell if it is installed apart from having the option available in the conf page. I don't want to enable it by default though because 60Hz is only in US, Canada, Mexico... a few South American countries. We have a bunch of folks from other countries though, I estimate at least 20%, so turning on 60Hz processing for a 50Hz user wouldn't be very helpful. True, though, the "off" setting doesn't really provide much benefit so it might be a good idea to assume the user wants at least one of the two, 50Hz or 60Hz noise removal.

This is a snapshot though so we can figure it out before v13 release.

I might be more susceptible to this than most users as I'm running my electric smoker and HM in the same outlet. That's what it has basically been taking me to recreate the noise (plugging them both in).

my guess would be no... The AC filter detect the sine wave cycle of your home power and subtracts that from the probe, your noise there is very iratic, it doesn't cyle, so I am guessing the filter wont do much.
Have you tried a different power supply on the HM?

my guess would be no... The AC filter detect the sine wave cycle of your home power and subtracts that from the probe, your noise there is very iratic, it doesn't cyle, so I am guessing the filter wont do much.
Have you tried a different power supply on the HM?

Recommendations on one to try? I haven't tried another yet. I'm still using this one and it works most of the time with Brian's 60Hz filter enabled. I haven't seen another event like the time I cooked in my garage. But I'm also back to cooking on the deck again since the garage wasn't optimal place for smoking.

Back