NJ/NY/PA area Restaurant recommendations

Wayne Ficklin

TVWBB Fan

My wife started a tradition of taking our kids on a special trip for them when they turn 13. My younger son turns 13 today so his trip is coming up. I've never traveled to this area, and my wife's only been a couple times. We like good food. It doesn't have to be fancy, and it doesn't have to NOT be fancy. We've found it helps to have a plan when it comes to finding the best food. Any of you guys familiar with the area want to help us out?

Looks like you’re close to this. Check it out. It’s food insanity.

Harold's New York Deli
(732) 661-9100

I have no idea about ties to this location, but the Harold's Deli by me had impressive food, but closed because they defrauded their customers.

When I traveled to NJ for work a few years back, we received a recommendation to go here. It is just south of Newark in Elizabeth.

Valenca

We all tried the hot stone grilling at the table. Very memorable and very good.

When I traveled to NJ for work a few years back, we received a recommendation to go here. It is just south of Newark in Elizabeth.

Valenca

We all tried the hot stone grilling at the table. Very memorable and very good.
Portuguese restaurants are prevalent in what is called Down Neck or the Ironbound section of Newark. It's a relatively safe area of Newark. The rest of Newark...not so much.
Star Tavern, which I linked in my previous post, is a Mecca for real pizza.
Holsten's is an old school ice cream parlor/candy store/restaurant...famous for the final episode of The Sopranos.

Back