nhl playoffs are here! it took 82 games but they are here!

Wow...Flames. Nice OT win.

Not looking too good for the most vague team name in professional sports. Chicago is just too much for them.

it's early spring, depending where you are the grass might be green, the cherry blossoms might be opening. but there is one thing that you can count on to happen every spring no matter where you live: thomas vanek does his "where's waldo" impersonation.

i am SOOOOOOO glad we cut bait with him last year. if a couple of pucks had bounced in off of him last year we might have extended him a contract.

going into round 2 I thought the best candidate for a sweep was calgary. now it looks like it might be the habs. the rangers are not looking world beater either on the offensive end.

Vanek is lazy. Has made a ton of money and is one of the laziest players I've ever seen in my history of being an NHL fan.

If Calgary can pull off another win, they could make it interesting. Speaking of the Rangers, I wonder if anyone has seen Nash?

No future predictions but I'm happy about tonight and looking forward to Saturday night ( man am I glad it's not the matinee game).

Shaw just scored, hawks up 2-0.

The Hawks and Minnesota was supposed to be very close. After the sweep the belt went to Crow. I hope he doesn't let that make his head too big
to fit inside his helmet. Go Hawks!

I'm trying not to look too far ahead. But I've said all playoffs, if the habs power play is anything above abysmal, we are in a good place.

The PP goal in game 4 broke the streak and although we hit a lot of posts, the entry and movement on the PP in game 5 was exponentially better.

11 games so far, 2 goals or less 8 times. And we are back to 100% healthy will DD out of the hospital and beaulieu back on D.

Can't wait for Tuesday.

Hawks Ducks should be a good western final. Not a fan of either team, but it should be a brutal series.

I know a lot of people that I consider hockey guys who all strongly favor the hawks. I don't see it against the ducks, who I think are the cream of the west. The only question is what Anderson is gonna do in net.

The ducks might have had the easiest route to the WCF but the sweep against the Jets was closer than it seems. The ducks just look solid whether ahead, tied or behind.

And the NYR- caps game 7 is gonna be good with Ovechkin's proclamation ( I don't think it was a guarantee)

Not playoff related, but how about that Babcock move to Toronto? As a Wings fan, good riddance. Not because he wasn't a great coach, it was the 'shopping around' drama got real old real quick. Then when he started referring to himself in third person in the press, put a fork in me.

Sandy, you called the Leafs and you were correct!

Yeah, they print money and are stuck with the roster and coaches don't count against the cap. I thought they would pay him a ton but even I was surprised with an 8 year deal. The devil spawn of spotty bowman and al arbor couldn't last 8 years in Toronto with the devil playing nets.

Mabey babs legacy is in the bank but if he doesn't right the ship ( p.s. Good luck with that) all of the success he had will die and get public ally ripped apart that are the jackals of the Toronto hack media.

It takes a special set of skills to coach in Toronto, if anyone has them it.might be Babcock, or it.might be nobody.

Now 2 to go, and a must win at The United Center to continue. What a great time for another cup!

This mornings Daily Herald sports headline said it well...... "Take It To The Limit".
Now lets play some hockey. Quacker Thugs are going down at home.

Bob Probert is now drug free, looking down from the afterworld with a big old grin on his face. And the fireworks are booming
in the neighborhoods. And the Ducks will finish the season in Branson driving the "Ducks" rides for the tourists with the plastic
quacker beaks in their mouths. As deserved.

I can't believe Tampa Bay is pulling the 'no opposing team gear' and selling tickets to only certain zip codes.

That is beyond weak.

I can't believe Tampa Bay is pulling the 'no opposing team gear' and selling tickets to only certain zip codes.

That is beyond weak.

It is Greg. I believe I read today in the paper, if it isn't lifted, the same will happen at the UC. I hope the Hawks beat them in 4!

Back