nhl playoffs are here! it took 82 games but they are here!

I too hope the jets win at least one, and I like big buff but some of the stuff he has pulled recently is getting me to rethink this position. I think the series has been so physical because that's the one place the jets think they match up well against the ducks.
I picked the ducks, still think the ducks will win but if the jets win a game or two, that would be great.

Alright Detroit! 14 more to go!
Very surprising, tampa is a beast at home but hey dont look so good on the road ( who would have guessed that tampa's problem would be an inability to score)?

I'd love to the wings to oust the bolts, im still not convinced its gonna happen, but it would be great.

the caps game was good as well last night, not to mention the hawks predators game. two teams riding largely unknown goalies ( darling and mrazek) one team having swapped out a largely unknown goalie for a guy who had not played in months ( ottawa).

Who would have predicted this ? THIS is why I love the nhl playoffs.

For me, the Flames/Nucks series has been fun to watch!

it kind of reminds me of the flyers pens 1st round series a couple of years back. Objectively its not been great hockey but it has been entertaining.

I also like the undercurrent of the young flames taking it to the older and more established Canucks.

I though the flames with weeks left in the regular season. never been happier to be wrong.

yesterday was crazy ! the habs finally put the sens away and the blues ( whom I was convinced would finally go deep this year) did what they always do and got dumped in the first round. Something has to change in St louis, either hitch goes or a combo of backes and oshie have to be moved and tarasenko gets moved up into a more prominent leadership role.

I'm hoping that the wings find a way to put away the bolts because if they go back to tampa, it does not bode well for the wings. the caps/isles matchup is about as close as one could hope for. I would be great if the isles could squeeze a few more games out of the old barn ( and especially against their crosstown rivals the rangers) but I think the caps come through on this because the isles D is getting thin and I'm not convinced that halak is the guy you want to tie your cart to in a must win situation.

out west the matchups seem pretty good. I think that the ducks are gonna be too much for the flames and I think that the wild/hawks series is gonna be really close with a slight edge to the wild.

Maybe the Wild will become Mild as they face the Hawks. It should be a hard fought series.

For the first half of the last period, I thought for sure Detroit was going to tie it up. Then everything went wrong. I'm now convinced that Ericcson is on the take. Hank and Gus need to step it up.

We won one or two in Tampa, but certainly isn't ideal going back there.

I was hoping for a Wings/Blues final like the ol western conference days. Blues need reconstruction of some sort.

I had the same feeling especially when the wings made it 3-2, it felt like the floodgates were about to open.

The one saving grace ( and I'm fully on the wings bandwagon for game 7 because no one should cheer for a team with Cedric paquette AND super tough guy Brian boyle on it) is that all game long Bishop looked SHAKY!

I'm hoping the wings tighten up a little more and find a way to stop Tyler Johnson, and hope that Stamkos stays invisible.

Bummer. TB was hungrier. Hard to see them getting past the Habs though. We will see.

the bolts schooled the habs this year ( but so did the sens), its gonna be a competitive series.
I'm not sure our D ( outside of pk) can match the speed of the bolts forwards. Johnson looks like he gets shot out of a cannon and Markov, Emelin and gilbert are not speedsters nor spring chickens.

and the bolts bested the wings without stamkos scoring, it would be great if his schnide continued, but I'm thinking that isnt likely to happen.

We are going to need Carey Price to be Carey Price and hope for opportunistic goals, because outside of patches, that cupboard is bare.

the big question in the motor city is what is to become of babcock's future ? My guess is that the leafs throw the keys to a brinks truck at him.

Chiming in because from Tampa, WoOoO! Go Boltz!! Saw in the news this morning a Detroit fan was arrested at the start of the game for arson, apparently she tried to light on fire the lightning flag that was getting passed around the fans.

What a wake up call for Hawks goalie Corey Crawford, and he is off of life support and doing his thing again.

What a wake up call for Hawks goalie Corey Crawford, and he is off of life support and doing his thing again.

i've never been a big fan and always though he was a "system" goalie but he's going pretty good now. we will have to see if it lasts.

and the "stamkos drought" has (as expected) broken. the habs did not play well at all for the last 45 minutes of the game and our usually stout PK gave up 4 power play goals on 4 consecutive PP shots.

our power play is also really really bad. if it were just average we would be so much in a better position, but we can't score. It's been this way all season and its probably too late to change now, so if we are gonna go down with the ship, its going to be going down with chipping the puck out, hope its not too soft that their D can play it, but not too hard that it's icing and that we can use some speed to chase it down. there are definately dark clouds over montreal right now.

Wow...Flames. Nice OT win.

Not looking too good for the most vague team name in professional sports. Chicago is just too much for them.

Back