NGD: 2009 Weber E-320

Greg Part

TVWBB Fan
I’d like to give TVWBB forum members Dave Moser and JimV a BIG SHOUTOUT for being really awesome in helping me to acquire another sidewinder.

The story goes like this;

Jim put an E-310 (2007-2010 model) Special Edition sidewinder (in Cinnamon) he had refurbished up for sale on FBMP early last week and it looked like it might possibly check all of my boxes. I communicated “I WANT IT” to Jim, but, Unfortunately (for me), he communicated back there were already 4 interested parties ahead of me. Considering he had several potential buyers who beat me to the punch, he could’ve just blown me off as it was virtually guaranteed his E-310 was going to sell very quickly, which it did! Instead, however, after a few messenger exchanges, I think he recognized I was pretty serious about wanting to acquire a sidewinder and was kind enough to refer me to Dave Moser and shared my info with him as he knew Dave was in the process of restoring a sidewinder and it was nearing completion was going to sell it on FBMP.

Dave contacted me the same day and I asked him numerous questions about the grill and its structural integrity and the side walls (panels), in particular. He provided me with a description and a pic and invited me over to take a look at it. Saturday morning at 0900 I was over at his house having a look-see at his E-320 and he provided me with a little background of the grill’s history and that it had been well cared for by its previous owner and had really good bones. As far as I could tell, this checked my boxes and looked to be in excellent shape. I asked what he was hoping to get, he told me and I extended my hand to him saying, “I'd be happy to buy” it if he’ll sell it to me. I wasn’t even going to try and haggle with him about the price. We shook on it and told me he could deliver on Sunday. He treated minor the minor rust on the cabinet floor and lower side panels, primed and painted, installed new burners, flavorizer bars and regulator in addition to doing a fantastic job cleaning the cook box and interior hood as well as polishing it all up. Yesterday afternoon he delivered his E-320 to me and explained the work he had done. She is about a beautiful as pretty can be. Oddly enough, Dave only lives a few miles from me on the very same post where I bought my 2008 E-310, just a few blocks from his house. That’s one heck of a coincidence!

“Thank you” JimV for responding to my initial inquiry about your E-310 listing and sharing my info with Dave. You could’ve just blown me off, but, instead, through your unselfishness, you helped two TVWBB members out in one fell swoop!

“Thank you” Dave for dedicating yourself to the hobby of restoring Weber gassers and your excellent eye for detail in selecting and refurbishing this E-320 for a project! Your hard work and dedication are and will be GREATLY appreciated and know she has found a really good home (as you could tell from seeing my 2008 E-310)!

Pics are from before, during and completed restoration.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.png
    IMG_1611.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1612.jpeg
    IMG_1612.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1615.jpeg
    IMG_1615.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1620.jpeg
    IMG_1620.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1617.jpeg
    IMG_1617.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1618.jpeg
    IMG_1618.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1613.jpeg
    IMG_1613.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1642.jpeg
    IMG_1642.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey Greg thanks for the " shout out " those are always nice to get. I think for everyone in the hobby when we come across someone who is as enthusiastic as we are about Weber grills it really fuels our fire. Dave and I have often mentioned to each other about how many truly genuine and nice people that we have met through the hobby. I am happy to have crossed paths with you and I hope that you enjoy your dueling sidewinders for many years to come! Please keep our contact info.....if you ever need anything we are happy to help.

I’d like to give TVWBB forum members Dave Moser and JimV a BIG SHOUTOUT for being really awesome in helping me to acquire another sidewinder.

The story goes like this;

Jim put an E-310 (2007-2010 model) Special Edition sidewinder (in Cinnamon) he had refurbished up for sale on FBMP early last week and it looked like it might possibly check all of my boxes. I communicated “I WANT IT” to Jim, but, Unfortunately (for me), he communicated back there were already 4 interested parties ahead of me. Considering he had several potential buyers who beat me to the punch, he could’ve just blown me off as it was virtually guaranteed his E-310 was going to sell very quickly, which it did! Instead, however, after a few messenger exchanges, I think he recognized I was pretty serious about wanting to acquire a sidewinder and was kind enough to refer me to Dave Moser and shared my info with him as he knew Dave was in the process of restoring a sidewinder and it was nearing completion was going to sell it on FBMP.

Dave contacted me the same day and I asked him numerous questions about the grill and its structural integrity and the side walls (panels), in particular. He provided me with a description and a pic and invited me over to take a look at it. Saturday morning at 0900 I was over at his house having a look-see at his E-320 and he provided me with a little background of the grill’s history and that it had been well cared for by its previous owner and had really good bones. As far as I could tell, this checked my boxes and looked to be in excellent shape. I asked what he was hoping to get, he told me and I extended my hand to him saying, “I'd be happy to buy” it if he’ll sell it to me. I wasn’t even going to try and haggle with him about the price. We shook on it and told me he could deliver on Sunday. He treated minor the minor rust on the cabinet floor and lower side panels, primed and painted, installed new burners, flavorizer bars and regulator in addition to doing a fantastic job cleaning the cook box and interior hood as well as polishing it all up. Yesterday afternoon he delivered his E-320 to me and explained the work he had done. She is about a beautiful as pretty can be. Oddly enough, Dave only lives a few miles from me on the very same post where I bought my 2008 E-310, just a few blocks from his house. That’s one heck of a coincidence!

“Thank you” JimV for responding to my initial inquiry about your E-310 listing and sharing my info with Dave. You could’ve just blown me off, but, instead, through your unselfishness, you helped two TVWBB members out in one fell swoop!

“Thank you” Dave for dedicating yourself to the hobby of restoring Weber gassers and your excellent eye for detail in selecting and refurbishing this E-320 for a project! Your hard work and dedication are and will be GREATLY appreciated and know she has found a really good home (as you could tell from seeing my 2008 E-310)!

Pics are from before, during and completed restoration.
just read JimVs response and I couldn’t agree more. I have met some great people through this hobby and being able to keep these great machines in service gives me a great deal of satisfaction. JimV is an incredibly good man, graceful mentor and friend I’d never have met accept for our mutual interest in Weber grills. Thanks for the shout out Greg, it’s been a pleasure getting to know you and we’re right around the corner if you need anything to keep the sidewinder twins at the top of their game!

Back