New Weber Charcoal Heat Controller

Issom

TVWBB Fan
I tested out the new Weber Charcoal Heat Controller today. After Seeing Tom Horsman review on it. I was kind of disappointed that the heat diffuser came in 4 separate sections. I was on the fence on getting a vortex and the heat beacon diffuser... then one drunk night just ordered this.

I called weber and talked to a representative there and was super cool because when u buy online in order to return it you can not use it. I wanted to see if they would allow me try it out first and they were like try it out and he wanted feedback. I then expressed on why it was so close to the grate. He said no need for a pan they want to use the diffuse like the flavorizer bars like all the other grills.. which make sense. But I modded my preformer to have the grate level with the rim just for my liking.

Anywho.. set up a snake that I know it would last 6 to 7 hrs for the test. I will tell u if I pack them in I could prob do a 13hr± cook no issues and if I needed longer u legit lift the grate and diffuser and add them no problem...

I ran my pit viper fan and fireboard 2 and used the battery only and ran 7hrs no issues and had 60% battery left. The fireboard 2 is so worth it.

The middle of the grill ran 225 the whole time.. where the snake was lit ran 240 to 250ish and the rest of the grill was 225 to 235ish. For me that's acceptable I know it's not going to be 225 everywhere but definitely can fit more and use my whole grate unlike my slow n sear.. but not knocking the Slow n sear it's easy.. holds temps like this and can add coals and wood easy... but I lose that quarter of the grill. With this the whole 22 grate is usable.

Next trial is the weber cone for wings or quarters I think.. enjoy the video hope it helps.

BTW 99.99 is the cost and **** it's only money.. I got my preformer for 25 bucks and probably got $500 in add ons

Attachments

• 20230323_134849.jpg
    20230323_134849.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230313_130106.jpg
    20230313_130106.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230323_193043_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_193043_FireBoard.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20230323_202229_FireBoard.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_202229_FireBoard.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 23
Hey Issom, would you mind measuring the diameter of that disk for me - like exactly? The Weber site says it's 18.3 inches. Tom Horseman says it's 18" but I'm afraid he may be rounding it off. If it's the diameter I want, I will probably buy it. Thanks so much. P.S. I"m the guy who messaged you on youtube. ;-)

Hey Issom, would you mind measuring the diameter of that disk for me - like exactly? The Weber site says it's 18.3 inches. Tom Horseman says it's 18" but I'm afraid he may be rounding it off. If it's the diameter I want, I will probably buy it. Thanks so much. P.S. I"m the guy who messaged you on youtube. ;-)
Cool will do I'll be home in a few hours and I'll measure it all up for u

Hopefully that's helps

Got a brisket soon want to do a duration run. I know food and wood will effect it. Just a test

The energy to keep the grill at 250F empty vs having a cold slab of beef inside is going to increase amount of fuel burned to keep 225F. How much? I'm not sure but it is interesting to see your tests.

Yeah I know just bored today and wanted to test it out
The energy to keep the grill at 250F empty vs having a cold slab of beef inside is going to increase amount of fuel burned to keep 225F. How much? I'm not sure but it is interesting to see your test

Back