New toy for the Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TroyRedington:
it's from cajun bandit

it should be up on the site within the next few days

Yep - already there. $139.00 for the base ring, another 20 if you want the coal ring and heat deflector. Seems like a fair enough deal.

If you have a 22" kettle this is a fairly cost effective alternative to the big WSM (though I'm not sure if the design allows usage of the bottom grate. The ring is HUGE, but it seems handles would be nice for easier reloading of coals).

I really like how the lower portion sits on the outer ring of the kettle, instead of sitting on the cooking grate mounts. Should provide for a nice, airtight seal.

Originally posted by TroyRedington:
here's what it looks like on a cajun bandit

cajun-stacker.jpg

Troy...really that gray handle on the side of that CB? What have I done do deserve that...your gonna post a picture of that sweet mod/accessory with no wood handles. I thought we were tight. If you need a wood handle I could have sent one with Pete. Man oh man....

I saw the grey handle too and thought, "Oh shoot, I hope Brian doesn't see that".
Lol... apparently, I am too late!

when i took the pic, i wanted to actually swap out the plastic ones with the nice wooden ones - but it was like 104 degrees outside.

i would have had to take a handle off of another grill. at least the lid handle is wooden though, right?

the bowl of that smoker has two handles btw.
icon_smile.gif

if it's nice out tomorrow, i'll swap some handles around and get a better picture
icon_smile.gif

Anyone know what the diverter looks like?

I don't think the charcoal ring needs to be as big as a 22 WSM.

When used with a kettle, I assume the smaller chamber as opposed to a 22 WSM would not need as much coals to get it to smoking temps. An 18 WSM sized ring should be more than sufficient.

Originally posted by J Reyes:
Anyone know what the diverter looks like?

I don't think the charcoal ring needs to be as big as a 22 WSM.

When used with a kettle, I assume the smaller chamber as opposed to a 22 WSM would not need as much coals to get it to smoking temps. An 18 WSM sized ring should be more than sufficient.

the diverter is a ~20" round aluminum pan. at first I didn't think it would work, but surprisingly - it works quite well. I think it's like an airbake pan - it's hollow in the inside, so there's a gap of air that acts as an insulator.

regarding the ring - you may have a point. however you don't have to fill the ring all the way up.

or you can fill it all the way up and get 24 hours out of it.

or you can fill it all the way up and get 24 hours out of it.

24 hrs lol.. My brother uses I think a 12 inch OD ring (9 inches high) with his barell and gets about 8-14 hrs depending on the barell temps.

Thanks I'll be geting my order in. I need a deverter but can get a 12 or 14 in Stainless ring so don't need one of those.

Hi Brian,
Can you post some pics of it on the WSM?

How many more cooking grates would this add to it's capacity, 1 or 2?

To use it on the WSM , do you flip it upside down from the orientation you have it in the kettle pics? Otherwise, those lower tabs look like they would occupy a larger portion of the the WSM's upper cooking grate.

Thanks! Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back