New (to me) Weber Spirit Rehab

Well... It wasn't THAT long ago that I worked on the E310 and my memory is already faded. I had my friend send me a picture and I was wrong - on his grill there was no extra heat shield. Now... what grill did I work on with the extra shield? This is the problem with too many grills. But at least I can provide a nice picture of the double wall grease tray and the grease cup mount.
that grill is clean.. nice work sir

View attachment 75054

holy crap that is more than double .. the center ones are.. i just got an sp 310 which is the same except some stainless steel parts where the regular ones have not stainless steel like the doors .. i will keep an eye out for you here in indy and see if a free one comes up with that tray in it

and the number is 91354 .. you swapped the 5 and 3 in your post
Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with it. Cooks so much better than the Kenmore I had before. And the Charbroil before that.

I'm keeping an eye out for the tray out of a newer model E310 for cheap. They're about half the price and have the ceramic coating. I'll just throw in a wider piece of metal on to the rails if I find one to make it fit since they're slightly smaller than the older ones.

Of note, I didn't have any heat retention problems the other night underneath. Maybe it was my imagination the first time. 🤷‍♂️

I use my kettle mostly for smoking pork and chicken nice and simple low and slow with apple wood. I use the charcoal snake method with B&B charcoal. It has surprisingly stable temperature when you get the vents set right!

Well... It wasn't THAT long ago that I worked on the E310 and my memory is already faded. I had my friend send me a picture and I was wrong - on his grill there was no extra heat shield. Now... what grill did I work on with the extra shield? This is the problem with too many grills. But at least I can provide a nice picture of the double wall grease tray and the grease cup mount.
Thanks for sharing the photo! It's hard to find photos of the underside anywhere. It helps!

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with it. Cooks so much better than the Kenmore I had before. And the Charbroil before that.

I'm keeping an eye out for the tray out of a newer model E310 for cheap. They're about half the price and have the ceramic coating. I'll just throw in a wider piece of metal on to the rails if I find one to make it fit since they're slightly smaller than the older ones.

Of note, I didn't have any heat retention problems the other night underneath. Maybe it was my imagination the first time. 🤷‍♂️

I use my kettle mostly for smoking pork and chicken nice and simple low and slow with apple wood. I use the charcoal snake method with B&B charcoal. It has surprisingly stable temperature when you get the vents set right!
yeah someone said there are better grills than weber.. i am sure some one percenter has some 10k grill that would make the weber look homeless but for the regular people it is about the best you can get..

so if you are using the charcoal for chicken etc.. what are you cooking on the gas grill?

Yah, I think for the last 50 years, Weber has done good reaching the average consumer with quality products. They may have slipped a bit on that recently, but the reason they are such a successful grill manufacturing company is that they put a quality product in the price range of the most consumers.

Yah, I think for the last 50 years, Weber has done good reaching the average consumer with quality products. They may have slipped a bit on that recently, but the reason they are such a successful grill manufacturing company is that they put a quality product in the price range of the most consumers.
agreed.. and finding parts even for older grills is paramount.. some of the parts can be used for decades worth of grills.. that encourages reuse and recycling as opposed to standard model of planned obsolescence

that grill is clean.. nice work sir
Ha Ha - well, Thank You... but - I can't take credit for the cleaning. All I did was set up my friend with the parts he needed, give him guidance, and talk him through some assembly over the phone. He did the cleaning, POR-15, and painting. Oh. Yeah. And I infected him with Weberitis - OOOooops...

This was the first E310 (and the first Chinese Weber) that I have worked on. I took the helm for a little bit while my friend went to make a salad and I will say, the grill cooks just as well as a Silver.

Update: So it took almost, but still less than a year, but this past weekend my wife and I were out for a walk. As we were coming up the street a few blocks from home I saw what appeared to be my grill, albeit not my grill as it was at home and not out for its own walk. As I come up I find it is the same model and series, sitting right at the curb! Inside I check and find the grease tray, quite dirty, but in great shape! I asked the find gentleman outside who had placed it there if I could just have the tray and he gave me the the approval. Got it home and cleaned up and now my transformation is complete - with no less money spent by me!

To note as an update and for those in the future who may have the question of what if: I've used the crap out of this grill since I got it and refurbed it - still running and cooking superbly. I have been using aluminum foil over the old rusted drip tray since I got it with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks to this forum for just encouraging me to keep an eye out for one of these to come available!

Back