New surprising find in Germany - Genesis 1

SLensch

Hello from Germany 🇩🇪

This week i found a L1-138207 - Genesis 1 near my office- including the manual with date from february 1991 - here in Germany that seems like a Jackpot 🥳 - a Genesis 1 in very good conditions - all parts original - first photos in advance - after cleaning i give you an update 😊

You might also have a look at a restauration of an 1998 Spirit 350 i did in 2018 -> look here

1682673248948.png

1682673270588.png

1682673295177.png

1682673317230.png

Gtx
Steffen

Hey note the oddly placed cross bar here as well
Hi, did you mean the cross bar at the manual or on my picture? I think, the image on the manual is more like a drawing - the vertical front the frontlegs are not vertical in 90 degrees

Hi, did you mean the cross bar at the manual or on my picture? I think, the image on the manual is more like a drawing - the vertical front the frontlegs are not vertical in 90 degrees
He is talking about that front cross bar on your grill. It is installed higher than normal.
In the manual's picture, you can see that the right side of that cross bar is mounted to the middle of the front to back cross bar, while the left side of the crossbar has the illusion that it's mounted to the frame leg. And there is only one cross bar with the narrow shelf..

Your grill looks like it has two extra cross bars, which in a later design, would have had a full width "basket" or lower shelf as in the picture below.

Nice grill!
Gerry
IMG_1641.jpeg

He is talking about that front cross bar on your grill. It is installed higher than normal.
In the manual's picture, you can see that the right side of that cross bar is mounted to the middle of the front to back cross bar, while the left side of the crossbar has the illusion that it's mounted to the frame leg. And there is only one cross bar with the narrow shelf..

Your grill looks like it has two extra cross bars, which in a later design, would have had a full width "basket" or lower shelf as in the picture below.

Nice grill!
Gerry
View attachment 69735
Hi Gerry,
yes, in the manual there is only one cross bar in the middle - maybe when the Genesis 1 starts in 1985 there was only that one in the middle, and anytime in the early 90s the changed that - for the moment it's okay, but when i start cleaning i will take the crossbar one floor down :)

Hi Gerry,
yes, in the manual there is only one cross bar in the middle - maybe when the Genesis 1 starts in 1985 there was only that one in the middle, and anytime in the early 90s the changed that - for the moment it's okay, but when i start cleaning i will take the crossbar one floor down :)
Agreed. Also moving the crossbar "one floor down" :) will give you easier access to the lower shelf.

Gerry

Agreed. Also moving the crossbar "one floor down" :) will give you easier access to the lower shelf.

Gerry
Hi again,
this morning, when i sit outside for the first coffee, i recognized that if i would move the crossbar down, the basket wouldn‘t fit anymore.
image.jpg

Hi again,
this morning, when i sit outside for the first coffee, i recognized that if i would move the crossbar down, the basket wouldn‘t fit anymore.
View attachment 69900
What you have there is definitely not an American version of that grill, which makes it even more interesting. I think the picture of it on the front of the owners manual is correct after all and the assembly instructions in it should coincide with the way you found it.

What you have there is definitely not an American version of that grill, which makes it even more interesting. I think the picture of it on the front of the owners manual is correct after all and the assembly instructions in it should coincide with the way you found it.
Hi Steve,
the grill was imported from South-Africa many years ago from the parents of its owner here in Germany - the Assembly instruction shows only one bar in the middle and the basket - however the bars in the front and the backside came to the grill 🤷🏻‍♂️
But i understand - the grill is something special 😃 - and at all for 10€ 🙈

Hi Steve,
the grill was imported from South-Africa many years ago from the parents of its owner here in Germany - the Assembly instruction shows only one bar in the middle and the basket - however the bars in the front and the backside came to the grill 🤷🏻‍♂️
But i understand - the grill is something special 😃 - and at all for 10€ 🙈
It's an interesting grill to be sure. We may never know the full story on it unfortunately.

Back