New stoker-web

Can you open the stoker page and do a view source in your browser. Copy all the contents out, paste it in a text file and email that to me?

it should be all HTML text:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE type="text/css">
.ser_num { display: none }
</STYLE><style type="text/css">
.alarming { background-color: red }
</style>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function refreshPeriodic() {
location.reload(true);
}
timerID = setTimeout("refreshPeriodic()", 10 * 60 * 1000);

var temp_los = new Array();
var temp_his = new Array();
var ofs_sw;
var ofs_sr;
var ofs_chk;

</pre>

Below is a quick peek at what will be in the next stoker-web release. This is a drag and drop configuration window. It allows renaming probes and creating logical cookers by dragging the components into them. Each cooker has a one designated pit probe, a blower and food probes. The plan is to make the the blower optional so stoker-web can run without it. Any changes made here are saved back to the stoker. This configuration is largely required to support multiple cooker windows. I needed a way to assign the probes to different cookers without wacky naming conventions.

One caveat to the config, if a change is made stoker-web will restart the server and refresh the browser, so any logs running will be ended if a change is made. Ideally, this is only done prior to starting to cook, so it doesn't bother me.

ConfigWindow.png

when trying to access it from a seperate computer on the same network, I am able to connect to the IP of the computer running jetty and it shows stokerweb in the address bar, but the page never displays. Any ideas? on the computer that is running stokerweb I can access the webpage with no problems. Windows firewall is turned off and I also added an exception for port 8080 just in case.

Which browser are you using?

I have seen blank screen issues, but most of the time a refresh will get past it. IE9 still gives me blank pages no matter what.

chrome on the machine running stokerweb. Chrome and mozilla on the other computer trying to access remotely. Having checked version numbers yet on the different machines. I did notice that if I stop stokerweb on the host machine, the remote machines webpage will display the weather bar.

I'm able to reproduce the issue locally and on the same machine. I'm seeing an exception in the dom. I'll have to take a look

Thanks for the heads up.

Any news on when the latest build will be released? I ordered my blower recently and am looking to help test your software now.

Hopefully soon, I've spent a lot of time looking at the blank page issues, but I'm not getting far. The issue I reproduced was not the correct one. I saw problems opening multiple tabs and that is not supported in the comet server push library I use. I'm looking at replacing it with another now.

The configuration screen is a bit further than the image above, but there is still a lot of work in the back end left. The logic to save the data to the stoker is there, but I need to write the transformation from the view to the objects. I don't think it will be too difficult. The hard part will be trying to reset the server after a configure change.

Gary,
I can't get anywhere with the beta 1 or 2, the alpha still runs fine. All of my issues revolve around the log4j file. I placed the copy supplied in the rar file in the resources directory and still no go. Any ideas?

Thanks

Enter username: joe
Enter password:
Retype password:
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (sweb.server.security.LoginPro
perties).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Joe, That is only a warning. The username/password should have been put in the login.properties correctly.

Only Jetty looks for the log4j.properties file in the resources directory.

Are you having problems running stoker-web or just the password utility?

I'm having trouble running stoker web as well. The alpha version is chugging along nicely.

This is what I see when I try to start stokerweb...

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\X>cd c:\jetty-6.1.23

c:\jetty-6.1.23>set STOKERWEB_DIR=c:\StokerWebDir

c:\jetty-6.1.23>java -jar start.jar
2012-03-02 21:17:03.319:INFO::Logging to STDERR via org.mortbay.log.StdErrLog
2012-03-02 21:17:03.456:INFO::jetty-6.1.23
2012-03-02 21:17:03.497:INFO:
icon_biggrin.gif
eploy C:\jetty-6.1.23\contexts\javadoc.xml -> org
.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler@1bbb60c3{/javadoc,file:/C:/jetty-6.1.23/ja
vadoc/}
2012-03-02 21:17:03.560:INFO:
icon_biggrin.gif
eploy C:\jetty-6.1.23\contexts\test-jndi.xml -> o
rg.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@16290fbc{/test-jndi,C:\jetty-6.1.23/contex
ts/test-jndi.d}
2012-03-02 21:17:03.567:INFO:
icon_biggrin.gif
eploy C:\jetty-6.1.23\contexts\stokerweb.xml -> o
rg.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@2345f0e3{/stokerweb,C:\jetty-6.1.23/webapp
s/stokerweb.war}
2012-03-02 21:17:03.580:INFO:
icon_biggrin.gif
eploy C:\jetty-6.1.23\contexts\test.xml -> org.mo
rtbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@19632847{/,C:\jetty-6.1.23/webapps/test}
2012-03-02 21:17:03.664:INFO::No Transaction manager found - if your webapp requ
ires one, please configure one.
2012-03-02 21:17:05.261:INFO:/stokerweb:Creating Jetty6 async servlet handler fo
r server jetty/6.1.23
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (sweb.server.controller.Contro
ller).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
2012-03-02 21:17:05.611:INFO:/:Transparent AsyncProxyServlet @ /google to http:/
/www.google.com
2012-03-02 21:17:05.645:WARN::Unknown realm: Test JAAS Realm
2012-03-02 21:17:05.746:INFO::Opened C:\jetty-6.1.23\logs\2012_03_03.request.log

2012-03-02 21:17:05.778:INFO::Started SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8080
Unknown found while writing log header!
Device: sweb.shared.model.StokerPitSensor@77b5c22f
java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted
at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)
at sweb.server.controller.data.telnet.StokerTelnetController.sleep(Unkno
wn Source)
at sweb.server.controller.data.telnet.StokerTelnetController.streamReade
r(Unknown Source)
at sweb.server.controller.data.telnet.StokerTelnetController.access$000(
Unknown Source)
at sweb.server.controller.data.telnet.StokerTelnetController$2.run(Unkno
wn Source)
Device: sweb.shared.model.StokerPitSensor@4ccd43ce

I think that is the main problem, it is talking about the header on the cook log. The log4j complains a lot but usually does not prevent it from working. If I have time tonight I will try to deploy on Jetty on Windows and see if log4j works.

Gary,

Nevermind..., I have it working now... I deleted my unused fan from the probe list and all seems to be okay now.

Sorry for throwing up the flags...

Back