New probes, what/where to buy? (EU)

Thermoworks are probably the best you can get, which those seem to be. Stay away from Maverick probes, they are more expensive and tend to fail when you least expect them to.

Thermoworks are just awesome, as they have a variety of types. I use the waterproof versions that have a very thin 4" probe. You can get them short, long, straight, 90° like yours, and a few other types.

Thanks John, I guess I will need to stick with the thermoworks then, even though they feel a bit expensive for what they are.

You have to be careful because not all probes work the same for all devices regardless of whether the plug fits. This is a heater/meter forum so I don't know what works for those. But I do like Thermoworks for Thermoworks, even if the probes do start acting up before they should, IMO. For $20 they should last a lot longer than they do. I always buy them on sale. I wait for some kind of 50% sale, then buy some whether I need them or not. That way I have an extra or two in case of failure on Easter Sunday. I didn't realize the Mavericks for so expensive. I have some of them from ten years ago even though I rarely use my old Maverick (I use it for rotisserie). The Maverick probes do actually work correctly with the Thermoworks devices. Good luck

You have to be careful because not all probes work the same for all devices regardless of whether the plug fits. This is a heater/meter forum so I don't know what works for those. But I do like Thermoworks for Thermoworks, even if the probes do start acting up before they should, IMO. For $20 they should last a lot longer than they do. I always buy them on sale. I wait for some kind of 50% sale, then buy some whether I need them or not. That way I have an extra or two in case of failure on Easter Sunday. I didn't realize the Mavericks for so expensive. I have some of them from ten years ago even though I rarely use my old Maverick (I use it for rotisserie). The Maverick probes do actually work correctly with the Thermoworks devices. Good luck
The Heatermeter realistically can work with any thermocouple, if there isn't a preset already for the particular thermocouple then you would have to do some testing to determine the 3 coefficient used to get the accurate temperature curve.

The Heatermeter has presets for Thermowork cheif alarm probes, maverick probes and a couple other probes.

Back