New Performer??

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
I have been planning on buying a new performer in the near future (in gold) and check amazon every few weeks just to see if there is a price change or new model out. Today I found this the performer deluxe, It states 22 not 22.5 and the dimensions are different still says 363 cooking inches. has the new ash catcher and handle, and comes with the weber gourmet cooking system (starter set anyway) Is this new for 2015 or put together by amazon? Hefty price increase!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00N634VD0/tvwb-20

I bought a 2014 from Amazon back in April and it was 347.00. Looks the same as mine (mine is black though) except for the top handle and the table. The table is different, and darker.

They call it the Deluxe, instead of the Platinum. The Platinum is still available at $349.00 - must be last year's model, while they last?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00FLRAXJK/tvwb-20

Last edited:
From what I've seen, that's the new 2015 model with the black table and the extended lid bale. I don't think the size of the kettle has changed though. Would have to think that such a change would introduce way too many issues.

i know this is gonna sound crazy. but i just bought one off craigslist for silly cheap.

pretty sure it was used in a photo shoot.

the kettle is 22.5, it's taller than my SS Perf, bigger bailer, new style ash catcher, i'll do a thread on it here.

the darker table is metal, not plastic.

i know this is gonna sound crazy. but i just bought one off craigslist for silly cheap.

pretty sure it was used in a photo shoot.

the kettle is 22.5, it's taller than my SS Perf, bigger bailer, new style ash catcher, i'll do a thread on it here.

the darker table is metal, not plastic.

That would be cool Greg-S. I believe I saw your post on another Weber forum about your find.

I wonder if the new lid catcher will fit on the prior models. I'd love to retrofit that to my 2014 Performer. I'd also be interested in the rubber tires.

Erik I'm with you on the lid holder. If it's bigger than the original I can see one for my performer and my old master touch. That's one beef I have with my performer is the lid is always in the way of the cooking grate in the hold position. My 26 gets the lid out of the way better. Hope the new one fits the old stuff...

I see the copper is back anyone see the crimson? Greg-S you had mentioned the finish seemed better. I am curious if they changed it after getting some feedback. Is it more shiny or just better quality? Thanks.

seems like it's covered better, thicker.

my 2014 otg copper seems like there is just enough paint to cover it, like they went cheap. but the '15 is def thicker and doesn't look so thin. shinier too, the '14 almost looks like a satin finish. the '15 is gloss.

Back