New Injector?

For occasional use, the one from Williams-Sanoma works pretty good.

It's nice and sturdy, the needle is big enough, but not too big to be hard to use. Plus, decent capacity and decent grips.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
HolyCrap Larry! That looks like it'll hurt!
w0w </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is actually a tool to inject horses and livestock with, but through demand the company 'Western Instruments' made FDA approved needles and plungers. They are certainly heavy duty and worth the $'s.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
HolyCrap Larry! That looks like it'll hurt!
w0w </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is actually a tool to inject horses and livestock with, but through demand the company 'Western Instruments' made FDA approved needles and plungers. They are certainly heavy duty and worth the $'s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same model, got mine from Spitjack. Same price. You can also get an option 3/8 inch cavity needle for extra lumpy stuff
icon_smile.gif

Works great. I had one of the cheaper plastic one that got a little frustrating if there were any solids present.

I sprung for a morton pump and aren't exactly in love with it.

one night I was pumping some meat with it and every time I drew back the plunger fully it would shoot a squirt of brine out the back (I assume brine was coming around the gasket). I kept forgetting and it kept spraying me and a relatively clean kitchen.

the other downside is that its so long that when the plunger it fully extended,you can't operate it with one hand despite the finger and thumb rings.

its heavy duty though, holds a ton, and comes with a regular and spray tipped needles. it just takes a little care.

the dial-o-matic looks like a possible upgrade. I also heard that there's a multi-needled one out there for rapid injecting.

Back