New Copper OTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Butler

So, I got a pleasant surprise gift from my girlfriend. She bought me a Copper OTS from Target. I love it and can hardly wait to use it at the campground this weekend.

Can I buy the better ash catcher that the OTG has from Weber directly? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Other than my Smokey Joe, this is first new Weber.

Thanks!
James

You can get them from Weber, or check ebay for the seller "Weber and Ducane Closeouts." I've bought them both places. The slots for the tabs on the ash catcher ring already are in the leg stubs on the OTS.

Pat

Your gf rocks, Years from now you'll still be thankin her. Hang around here and she'll still be around to hear those thanks.

I just ordered the ash catcher from Weber for the same Copper OTS from Target

the black bowl ash-catcher will look cool with the copper and black handles

the part numbers for the 3 pieces that make up the ash catcher
#63036 ring - $13.20
#63037 handle - $5.90
#63038 bowl $19.60
total $38.70

and there's a weber parts guy on ebay who sells the set-up for $35 (I saw the link in a recent post about the same Target Copper OTS)

I also ordered the premium grill cover #7453 for $22.00

others might be interested to know that I was able to purchase BLACK HANDLES from Weber at a cost of $5.20 a pair, I ordered 3 pairs to replace the handles on some of my other grills and smokers. I'm waiting for them to show up, I'll post again on the subject when they arrive

Will the regular one touch silver ash sweeper and handle work with this setup? I believe they are different
AJ

others might be interested to know that I was able to purchase BLACK HANDLES from Weber at a cost of $5.20 a pair
Brian, I called Weber a few minutes ago and was told they do not sell the black handles unless you have a registered copper kettle.
How did you get around that?

I think webers customer service is very hit and miss. I've had no problems and have had picky representatives. One guy told me that he would have "done the deal" but they may have been recording and he could get into trouble. Now weather that was true or not, I'll never know.

As a side note, I did like others and purchased the ash catcher off eBay from, I believe, the seller listed above. When talking with weber, I said my dogs were eating the ashes in the pan that the silver uses. And that I was afraid to have them outside when grilling. They still said no
icon_frown.gif

Jim,

I purchased a Copper OTS from target for $99.99,
so the issue never came up for me. I talked to Weber several times and with several cust-serv reps to work out the order for this new item.
After the 3 sets of black handles show up from Weber, I'll try to order several more, and if all goes well, I'll make them available to members of the TVWB

Jim,
Yeah, 3 sets... 2 for the Ranch Kettle, 2 for the 22" WSM, and one each for the 18" WSM's. The white handles are tough to keep clean, so I thought I would replace them.

anyway... I received my order from Weber yesterday, and everything arrived except my black handles?!? So I called Weber and they said that they were in stock and should be shipping with no problem, we'll see... I knew it was too easy... I'll keep you posted

So... here is my new Copper "OTC" with ash-catcher upgrade, and full gourmet grill set-up.
[IMG:left] DSCF6022 by Brian Asack, on Flickr[/IMG]

after seeing the pile of boxes that arrived in the mail from Weber and Amazon, my wife has officially notified me that my Weber spring spending spree is now over.

I wasn't a big fan of the copper, but after seeing yours I have changed my mind. Very nice! Now, let's see it in action!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

well, the black handles arrived from Weber yesterday... it turns out that a handle kit consists of one handle, not two... so now I need more... the Weber part number for the black handles is 63080, if anyone is interested. Now I need to call Weber again and see if they will ship me more of them.
[IMG:left] 63080 by Brian Asack, on Flickr[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back