New addition to my Weber family.

That is no Genesis II I can tell you that much. I have a Genesis II (living at my bro's house temporarily) and my dad has a Gen 2000 (has casters on one side rather than feet) and neither looks anything like that one. That is either a I or 1000

It looks like my 1000. Mines a burgandy color. Same knobs.

The Genesis 1000 dosent have a wood table off to the side of the control knobs. I called weber with the serial number and the lady told me Genesis 2. I will call again tomorrow and double check. Either way it is been confusing trying to figure out the model. I appreciate the input.

Whichever one it is, the Genesis models are built like a tank. We've had ours for almost 2 decades, we bought it new in 1995 and other than replacing the flavorizer bars a couple times, the last set SS, it is all original and still looks and performs great. And that's after setting outside without a cover even in the winter. It represents the best money we ever spent on a grill.

That is no Genesis II I can tell you that much. I have a Genesis II (living at my bro's house temporarily) and my dad has a Gen 2000 (has casters on one side rather than feet) and neither looks anything like that one. That is either a I or 1000

Are you talking about a Genesis Platinum II? THAT, is much different than a Genesis 2 or 2000

To me, the OP has a Genesis 2 and no way it's a 1 or 1000. The frame is wider and has a side table on the right side past the burners making it not a 1 or 1000

Genesis 1 or 1000

weber_grill_1985.png

Genesis 2 or 2000

images

Genesis Platinum II

2432853.png

If you look underneath the body on the frame underside, there might still be a sticker that tells you exactly what it is. I was going to restore an old one like that and that is where I found the model.

Thanks for the informative post Chad! The model and serial # was worn off the old genesis at my families cottage so I now know its a 2000 ng. I replaced the flavor bars last year, but that's as far as my restoration got. I'm currently in talks with rcplanebuyer on ebay to purchase new shelf support bars for the bottom storage area... As a side note, I was checking the manifold last year to make sure it was in good working order and noticed a place to connect a supply line for a side burner. I might have to try to salvage a side burner to add to the rehab/upgrade.

Does yours have a wood table on the control knob side? From your photo it looks like it only has a little wire basket making it a I or 1000. If there is a wood table to the side there (your photo did not show it) or the frame for it than it may be a II or 2000. The only diff between the II and 2000 is the 2000 has casters on the side away from the tank the II had to be lifted to move it. The II is a nice piece cause it looks just a little bigger, has a little more work space and so on. I kept my II for WELL over 20 years and for good reason. My brother has it right now but after he gets married and his new wife brings her Summit I am gettin' my old Genny back

Does yours have a wood table on the control knob side? From your photo it looks like it only has a little wire basket making it a I or 1000. If there is a wood table to the side there (your photo did not show it) or the frame for it than it may be a II or 2000. The only diff between the II and 2000 is the 2000 has casters on the side away from the tank the II had to be lifted to move it. The II is a nice piece cause it looks just a little bigger, has a little more work space and so on. I kept my II for WELL over 20 years and for good reason. My brother has it right now but after he gets married and his new wife brings her Summit I am gettin' my old Genny back

I removed the wood side table next to the control knobs just before taking the photo. The grill is in good condition considering its age which i chalk up to Utahs dry climate.

Back