New 26 3/4 kettle - the "grillsanity" continues....

Status
Not open for further replies.

W Tyler

TVWBB All-Star
At the beginning of the day today I wasn't even considering another grill. Just a week ago today gave my sis-in-law a never used 22 inch silver kettle that I'd added an ash catcher and genuine Weber therm and bezel to. Then today I just happened to be "perusing" CL and this thing showed up. It was calling me loudly ...... couldn't resist.
icon_biggrin.gif

Upon pre-purchase inspection I noticed the therm (and bezel) was missing so the seller knocked an additional 10 bucks off. Knowing how few times these show up in the ATL area I wasn't about to risk losing it over a few bucks here or there. It was already a fantastic deal to be new-in-the-box. Total out the door $180 even.

Date code "AU", so it's a 2012 model with the dark grey handles. Looks kinda cool.

Seems Weber puts all the extras into the big kettle that they should in the smaller ones (stainless cooking grate, thermometer, lid bale).

IMAG0931.jpg

IMAG0933.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin L (NKY):
THat is a amazing deal on the big boy grill, That is almost half price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. What's even better is that I called Weber CS and, they offered to send both the missing thermometer and bezel - so now the grill will be complete. Saves me about 20 bucks!

Now I gotta part with a WSM and Smokey Joe or my old Bar-B-Kettle. I promised my wife that, in order to build self-control, that for every new grill/cooker I acquired I'd give up two. Now that I have the large kettle I'm good keeping that promise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Berry:
What kinda deal will you make me on the WSM??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the 18.5? $175.00 - 2011 model ("AA" code). Never been used or exposed to the elements. Took it out of the box, assembled, left it in the garage.

Your best would be to check with this place that has a new WSM for $179. It's likely the 2012. Here's the link.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/grq/3049396767.html

Looks like the guy where I bought the 26 3/4 from has another for a buck seventy-nine ($179)

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/fod/3055848869.html

Thanks.

The 22.5 I'm keeping.

Checked out CL for the link you gave and am wondering if this is a small company of some kind? I am definitely in the market for the 26.75 but suspect shipping to South Central MO would be high. Got any insight?

Thanks

Scotty W.

They are (literally) and cheap, hot, un-air-conditioned warehouse with a bunch of "stuff" in no certain order. Shipping a box that heavy and that size from Georgia to Missouri would put you, once you add in the original purchase price, back near the price of what you can purchase it new for from most retailers (Amazon, AimToFind.com, etc.).

It's a great deal, as is. However due to the shipping cost factor I feel it's only a good deal if picked up locally.

W Tyler

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I figured shipping would be a killer. Will keep checking Amazon and hoping they will have a sale soon. Have you cooked on the big kettle yet. I'd be very interested in your early opinions.

Thanks again

Scotty W.

Haven't cooked on it yet. It'll probably be a while before I need that kind of capacity. My Performer has the volume for 95+% of my cooks. I probably won't need the big kettle until next month, for my father's 73rd birthday celebration.

Another option may be to get someone to get it, and hold on to it until you're in the area. Don't know if that's practical or not. Just something else to consider.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W Tyler:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin L (NKY):
THat is a amazing deal on the big boy grill, That is almost half price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. What's even better is that I called Weber CS and, they offered to send both the missing thermometer and bezel - so now the grill will be complete. Saves me about 20 bucks!

Now I gotta part with a WSM and Smokey Joe or my old Bar-B-Kettle. I promised my wife that, in order to build self-control, that for every new grill/cooker I acquired I'd give up two. Now that I have the large kettle I'm good keeping that promise. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ask $500 for each of them. When they don't sell, tell the wife that at least you tried.
icon_biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back