New 22" BBQ Guru Jacket

I'm excited. I cooked my ham indoors yesterday because I didn't want to mess with the rain and wind yesterday. Had I a smoking jacket for m 22" WSM I would have cooked outside. A guru and smoking jacket for my old 18" WSM must have made me lazy
icon_smile.gif

I got an email from Kenny at The BBQ Guru. He said they expect them to go on sale in two weeks. Price has not been determined yet.

Eric,

When used with a power draft control (even you Stoker folks could use it if the blower mount doesn't get in the way) it prevents the wind from effectively sucking the heat out. So yes, it saves fuel. It would take a long time to get to the break even point in terms of cost, but the side benefit to saving fuel is not having to refill the charcoal chamber. So when you're doing an over night cook in windy single digit temps, you can rest well.

It's not necessary. You can fashion a wind break of your own. But it's really hard to beat the convenience of the smoking jacket.

Anyone heard any updates? 2 weeks has come and gone (twice).

Come on Guru guys. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Jacket and Digi-Q II for my 22" WSM

Back