Never smoked babybacks before need temps & times

I have only smoked spares on a 22" Weber grill with indirect heat. But since BB are on sale at 2.49lb
I thought I'd give them a try.
Will using 18.5" WSM with apple for smoke.
Sure could use some help with temps & times.
I want to at least be able to eat them if I don't get it right the first time.
Please help me.

Chris has a good temperature and time chart in the cooking section of the main site. Remember, these are guidelines but they will get you close.

Thomas, Baby backs are all I smoke, rib-wise. You can do almost anything you want, just keep your eye on the ribs and when they pass the fork, toothpick, tear, etc. test, they are golden. I use a Weber dry rub, go around 275, and all things perfect, go around 4 hours, give or take. But they're done when they're done, and when they're done they are delicious. Good luck.

BB are a favorite here aswell. Im with T Bounds...But i cook em low´n´slow. Around 225 and that takes about 4h.(depends on how thick you can get em ofc)

I never foil.

And try one rack with just salt/pepper. Oh man that is some good eats.

Btw i use apple with my BB aswell.

Go to the pork recipe section of this forum. Try the apple cider ribs. I used apple juice instead.
They are great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:
BB are a favorite here aswell. Im with T Bounds...But i cook em low´n´slow. Around 225 and that takes about 4h.(depends on how thick you can get em ofc)

I never foil.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never foil either. Throw them in and let them do their thing.

Back