Need help, QUICK! Need a new thermometer.

Hayden McCall

TVWBB All-Star
I have a big cook coming up for the weekend of the 4th. I had two Polder thermometers that had probes attached to wires/cords that plugged into a base outside the kettle. However, LOL, my cats chewed through both wires the other day, and I'm now without. I can't seem to find the thermometer any longer, and need suggestions for an accurate, durable thermometer (that hopefully doesn't cost a fortune, as I need 2), for the purposes of monitoring the temps of the brisket and pork butt I'll be cooking. Need it by a week from today. All help appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
Need it by a week from today. All help appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You've got a week? That's not difficult at all. Why can't you just go to the store and get a couple new thermometers like the Polders that you had? Any Wal-Mart or Target will have a Taylor thermometer for around $15. They're all pretty accurate and none of them are all that durable. Just be more careful and keep them away from your cats.

You could order 2 ET-732's and then you would be able to monitor the meat at different levels and also the grate temps at different levels...all from almost 300 feet away. :)

There are ET-72's (just meat temp monitoring) at BedBathBeyond if you want instant gratification. At least the ones here in ATL stock them.

order a ET 73 and an extra food probe from 5-0 BBQ and run the ET 73 with a food probe in the smoker temp slot and youll get both meat temps

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack Bordeaux:
You could order 2 ET-732's and then you would be able to monitor the meat at different levels and also the grate temps at different levels...all from almost 300 feet away. :)

There are ET-72's (just meat temp monitoring) at BedBathBeyond if you want instant gratification. At least the ones here in ATL stock them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't see this on Amazon....only ET-73?

I want to help Chris, but when I search on Amazon for the ET-732, it only brings up the 73.
icon_frown.gif

I've got a probe therm. that I bought at Sears in the grilling dept. about a year ago. I paid about $15 for it. It works fine never had any problems with it. I THINK it is a Kenmore brand but not for sure. Something like that would certainly do the trick if you don't have time to wait for one to be shipped.

Back