Need a Save if anyone can help Thanks

JTodd

TVWBB Member
Put a 9lb Standing rib roast on the WSM the temp was 350 the temp since is barely holding at 275-300. This piece of meat is for a birthday dinner and i need to leave in about 4 hours.The roast will be on for an hour, at 1:40 pm est, i can pull it from the WSM and finish in the oven does any one have a suggestion as to what temp to finish at in the oven? I have a Thermapen so i can get my desired temp i am just worried about drying out my 80 dollar piece of meat. I tried adding more hot coals to the WSM but she will just not get up to temp. Thanks for the help.

Try propping the door open a bit to bring your temp up. I actually prefer doing roasts at the temps your running because you'll get a more uniform doneness. If your going to finish in an oven go about 325.

For a roast like that I use the kettle instead of the wsm.Easier to reach those 325 temps and hold them.
I hope that it comes out great!

It'll turn out great JTodd. You've alreay received good advice above. Keep us posted.

(To get to the mid 300(s) I don't use water in the pan.)

I did not use the water pan either just foiled it inside in out, and stuck it in there as a heat shield cannot believe it, but it got done way earlier than i thought. I pulled it when the thickest part read 127 on the Thermapen, and it was a huge hit. Thanks for the help guys.

Glad it turned out well. When I need some more heat, propping the door open with the chimney works well.

1330839642.jpg

Back