Need a new thermometer

John Neuser

TVWBB Fan
Hi folks. A number of years ago, based on info I got from this site, I bought a Maverick 732, dual probe, wireless thermometer. It worked great for years. Last year I started to have problems with it. This year it died. I wanted to replace it. Go to Amazon. As I already also had a ThermoPro wireless thermometer that I've been happy with I looked at and bought another ThermoPro TP20B. It get a 4.5 star rating with 10k plus reviews. Ironically, there was one video panning the product bc the poster reported that, out of the box, the unit reported temps of hundreds of degrees as an ambient temp. Guess what? I had the same problem. I'm now not interested in buying another ThermoPro and am looking for recommendations. I think I'm not interested in the wireless "stick" units. Trying to save a few bucks. Thoughts? Thank you.

I too am very satisfied with my Inkbird.
It is a square deal price wise as well.
I came from using a Bluetooth that was very limited compared to the Wi-Fi capability that I now have.
Being able to do other things like run errands or take a nap while cooking is nice.

Thank you Andy. As it turns out, the ThermoPro thermometer I bought, is working as reported. During my research, I ran across a unit, don't remember the name, and one of the reviews stated that it was important to ensure the probes are securely inserted in the controller. Duh. When I went back and rechecked mine I discovered that I had not fully inserted the plugs. Once fully inserted they worked as described.

Back