My Sunday Cook...(w/Pics)

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
Hi everybody,

You know me, I like pictures!
icon_smile.gif
I did my Labor Day cook over Saturday night and Sunday because Monday I am going to the movies with my sweetie!
icon_wink.gif

I started cooking Saturday at Midnight and everything was done by 3p on Sunday. I cooked everything on the CG, my WSM got a well-deserved break today. I give mega props to the wonderful people on this site who have instructed me and inspired me to get better and better!
icon_biggrin.gif

Here are the pics:

The 7 lb. butt and the 6.5 lb. brisket flat ready to go with a low-carb rub (splenda instead of sugars)...

The butt, brisket, ribs and fatties at 9:30a. Butt and Brisket right on track, ribs are ready to foil after 3 hours and the fatties have an hour to go...

The fatties are done (my first ever). One mild roll and one hot roll. Very tasty and nice smokering...

How about that brisket, huh? The low-carb rub was extremely good, I may even use it in competitions beginning next spring. I sliced it with my new electric knife (thanks to cmcadams for that tip!)...

Baby got a big ol' butt! and dont it look good? This baby almost pulled itself when I took out the bone! ...

Here is a small medely of meat. My ribs were to die for! Definitely competition quality. Ok, I am saying so myself because I dont mind saying when they suck either...

Well, thats it for now but I will be back!

Tony, Everything looks awsome Bud. Glad it turned out great for you. Thanks for the pics too. Great job, well done.
icon_cool.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Whoa! What's up?

I can't see the pics or the URLs with either Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Got it. My firewall too tight.

Great looking spread of meat, Tony. Making me hungry this early in the morning.

I'm new. What's a CG?

Virgil

Tony! The food looks fantastic! Congrats!

I HAVE to stop reading the forum before breakfast... I'm hungry!
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bruce Bissonnette:
Put some rub on it and then throw it on the cooker. I've never wrapped mine in bacon, but that can't be bad, can it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H*ll no! Bacon yes! I googled "fatties" btw, but breakfast sausage isn't very high on the hit list.

I can't believe that I've never seen reference to these "Fattie's" before, are they your recipe? Do you just defrost a roll of Jone's sausage and smoke it up?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michael mc:
I can't believe that I've never seen reference to these "Fattie's" before, are they your recipe? Do you just defrost a roll of Jone's sausage and smoke it up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, some people might use fresh sausage, but I find that a couple of rolls of tennessee pride is just as good. So, whatever sausage you have give it a shot and I am sure it will turn out great.

Tony

Tony
Do you spend time over at the Brethern Site?

We have been doing sausage rolls for a long time, I enjoy taking a Tx Hot link, encasing it with a sweeter sausage, taking it to 160 internal.

It is getting to that time of the year to start making sausage (need cooler temps to get best results).

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Minion:
Tony
Do you spend time over at the Brethern Site?

We have been doing sausage rolls for a long time, I enjoy taking a Tx Hot link, encasing it with a sweeter sausage, taking it to 160 internal.

It is getting to that time of the year to start making sausage (need cooler temps to get best results).

Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim, no I have not been to that site. What is the url? I would love to check it out.
icon_smile.gif

Tony

Back