My son's first cook on his Smokey Joe mini

For his first cook on the smoker he did 2 beer can chickens. I was very shocked how well the temp stayed at around 248 degrees. We didn't mess with any vents. The highest it got was 257. The cook lasted 3 hours but i left the smoker burning for 5 hours before closing the vents to see how well the temps would stay.

His smoker

Chicken is ready

Lighting it

chicken is on

Chicken is done after 3 hours

My plate

I was impressed on this little smoker. I think his next test will be pulled pork.

Great first cook, chicken looks great, congrats to your son. I've had my mini for two years and still amazed at how well it does.

Congrats to Matt awesome looking BCC. Outstanding job on the plated pic. I'd like to see some more of his cooks, teaching him well.

Your sons chicken looks like he could have been doing it all his life instead of a first cook. Great job!

Great looking cook Mike. I was also impressed by the 'staying power' of my mini. They are also very efficient...

Regards,

John

I gave my mini away to my oldest son and replaced it with a 14.5, still miss the mini, it was a great cooker, i think because I built it myself is why I still have such fond memories of it's cooking ability.

Great Cook! My son loves using the various mini's that we have. Right now he wants to rotisserie everything so he used the minitisserie. The mini's are one of the best smokers around.

Your son did an awesome job on the chicken! That is a cool little smoker too. I've seen a lot of posts with those and they look like a nice addition to the collection.

The Mini-Joe is a superb smoker! I gave mine to my youngest son after I got a 14.5" (no reason to keep both when he had neither). I have NOTHING but high regard for those lil' fellers!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back