My Kettle SCORE!!!

G Savrnoch

TVWBB Super Fan
So finally a good "score" has come my way. I routinely watch Kijiji (a Canadian online Classifieds site similar to CL) for good deals on Webers. Actually I've been watching for an older Genesis Silver. Last night an ad popped up for a Weber One Touch Silver 18-1/2" - $20 (quick sale) in a town just to my north. Looking at the pictures it looked in good condition and it "appeared" to be a 22-1/2". The ad was only up for 8 minutes and I emailed the seller saying I'd be up today right after work.

It ended up being a nice young couple who due to a job change was selling their house and getting rid of some stuff instead of moving it. $20.....it was a 22-1/2" and it was in better condition than it looked in the ad - so I scooped it up. There is a little bit if rust by the base of the top handle and the charcoal grate needed some work with a wire wheel to remove the rust. Other than that - it's in great shape. The vent is marked AD which I think means it's a 2010??? The One Touch works fine as well.

I was thinking just a clean up and sell it to make few bucks towards a Jumbo Joe which will become our charcoal grill while camping......but the $20 kettle is so darn nice now I'm thinking maybe stick it in the RV as the charcoal grill. Takes up a bit more storage space in the camper but WAAAAY more grill at camp. Decisions......decisions.......:cool:

Anyways.......just wanted to share what I think was a great score. Needless to say....there is no emoticon to describe the look I got from DW when she saw another cooker ;).

D0BEBA8D-C62A-468F-BD30-E0852DB441EA_zpsbelbazrj.jpg

7C9473C5-1403-4483-9C90-BAB4D2356962_zpsb5ivp15k.jpg

32D044AA-943A-4900-8463-BBA011703BE4_zpsbxjbegdn.jpg

E5EBF516-6CBF-427A-83AA-BB6C080F93F2_zpsba1v0rwf.jpg

Last edited:
Great score. You say you're going to use it as an RV grill or sell it towards a JJ? What's do you cook on at home?

Great score, indeed. I got my OTG 22 for $50 off of CL. Can anyone have too many Weber kettles? If you decide it'll take up too much space for camping, you might consider chopping down the legs on a 18 instead of the jumbo joe. I have a JJ, but they don't cook quite as evenly or offer as much temp control. They're a good grill; just not as good as the good ol' Weber kettle.

Lew.......I cook on on a Performer and WSM at home.

DR.......thanks for the tip on the JJ. Never owned a JJ so no idea how they cook. They appear to be a great little grill jammed into a small package.

Awesome deal. I would keep it if you can and buy a Jumbo Joe at the end of the season sales. I got one from Target last yeat for $25 on clearance.

See how it sez "designed and engineered in Palatine Illinois" on the top vent?
They used to be made here. But a great deal anyhow.

Back