My fist over night cook

Curt Davis

TVWBB Super Fan
I had friends coming over to watch the Alabama game on Saturday. I wanted to have Boston butt done by the time all the games started so an overnight cook was my only hope. I lit the Smoker around 9:00 pm and got my two butts ready(total 15 lbs)
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

As you can see in the last pic above it was holding steady at perfect temp. I got up the next morning at about 8:30 am and it was still holding perfect temp and my Butts were done. I was hoping they would not be done this early but I pulled them wrapped them and placed them in a cooler as I have learned from all of you. Then it was time to put potatoes on the grill and then place two chickens and some Brats on.

Those came off and it was time to unwrap the pork and pull with my trusty claws.
Now for a plated pic:

Alabama is off this week so it will have to be the next week versus Texas A&M. Also, the strongest thing I drink is diet Dr Pepper. Thanks for the comments.

Alabama is off this week so it will have to be the next week versus Texas A&M. Also, the strongest thing I drink is diet Dr Pepper. Thanks for the comments.

I'm a Diet Sprite guy myself, was just thinking of all those other bums.

Next one should be a good one, Johnny Boy is done with his half-game suspension!
I don't know if he was guilty or not, nor apparently does anyone else, but 1/2 game - That's A Joke!

While I think he was guilty I am glad he is playing.

As for the food, we are still working through leftovers. I made some pulled pork nachos today. I am thinking about tacos tomorrow. The overnight cook was surprisingly easy. I fired up at 9:30 and still had good heat at 3 the next afternoon.

Back