My CL Summit Gold Score!

Bill, you'd really need to get a good look at it. If it's in perfect condition, the price might seem high but yeah, it's worth it compared to what a new 6 burner Weber would cost you. You just have to know going in though that the prices on parts are ridiculous. If Chad tried to do that restore now, his costs would have been much much higher.

For example, the ignition kit is $70. Flavorizer bars are close to $200. To replace all 7 burner tubes is over $100.

thanks for the heads-up, I think I will let someone else check it out. I will stick with simple ol' charcoal.

Great Job on that Summit. A few weeks ago I missed out on a 6 burner Summit like that one on CL. The guy was asking $50 for it. I didn't see the ad right away and someone beat me to it by 30 minutes. Argggh!

Saw that the other day and was very tempted, but as I don't have any replacement parts or the time to do a restoration, I figure it best I pass

I replied but have not heard back, looks like a serious project but after seeing what Chad did got me thinking. I would like a Weber gasser to round out my collection even though I use charcoal mostly now. That Summit is a beast though!

Back