My 22 wsm mods... Check it out!

Tommy, I can't remember what mine said, might be nickel, certainly wasn't Stainless. That said, the vent doesn't get all that hot really. I doubt it would be a problem. Try another HD store. I got mine on the spot - in those large drawers they sell individual pieces from... nuts, bolts, washers, lock washers, etc.

yea that is where they had the other plugs. They didn't have any stainless or nickel. My vents get pretty hot.

Mac: I am unsure if hangers are zinc plated or not but would assume they are not. Heard for years zinc heated up could cause dangerous fumes. I think realistically it wouldn't hurt unless heated much higher then a BBQ but I am not taking that chance.

Roger: They cost something around that. I ordered "nickel plated" and the bag they came in said zinc. I returned them.

I believe they might be. I had an issue with a new unit's hanger flaking (chrome or zinc). I contacted Weber and they stated that it might not have adhered correctly during the manufacturing process. Now, they didn't state what "it" was, but I when I asked if it was zinc coated, they promptly stopped asking follow up questions and just sent new hangers.

I understand though; better safe than sorry.

Regarding the zinc --- mine are def zinc plated and no issues.

If it concerns you, just toss them in your next charcoal chimney you build for a cook, and let em sit there for a while. That'll easily strip or burn off any potentially dangerous material. I personally didn't do that, and have never noticed any issues, though I'm not sure I would notice anyway.

Back