Mustard or Worcestershire sauce w/ Texas BBQ Rub

RandyP

TVWBB Member
I am going to be doing a brisket with Texas BBQ rub soon and I wanted to know what you guys like better mustard or Worcestershire sauce or do you use something else to get the rub to stick to the brisket?

Thanks in Advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RandyP:
I am going to be doing a brisket with Texas BBQ rub soon and I wanted to know what you guys like better mustard or Worcestershire sauce or do you use something else to get the rub to stick to the brisket?

Thanks in Advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Either will work, but I think Worcestershire sauce actually adds a little flavor, unlike mustard.

Thaks guys. I've been using olive oil to get the rub to stick. Not sure if that is a good thing or not but my meats have been coming really good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RandyP:
Thaks guys. I've been using olive oil to get the rub to stick. Not sure if that is a good thing or not but my meats have been coming really good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With TXBBQ Rub you shouldn't need to use anything to 'glue' it on.....should stick just fine!

I don't know how much salt is in the TX rub, but pre-salting your meat about 30 minutes earlier works great to get the rub to stick when using a salt-free rub.

Worcestershire and Weber's Chicago Steak seasoning on all my brisky's.
icon_smile.gif

Tim

I use TBR for aftershave, but that's not the point. I use woosty on my meat, been using the THICK Lee & Perrins and really like how that coats the meat, as opposed to the standard one. The new THICK is a little thicker than A1 would be, great stuff.

Back