Move over Cast Iron grates-meet the new kids on the block!

Brian Moriarty

TVWBB All-Star
No matter how hard I've tried to take care of and love the cast iron grates that came with my Red Genesis Silver C, I've decided that the climate here in the Pacific Northwet, just is not the ideal setting for them.

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

They flake and rust even though I burn them off after every cook, wire brush and oil them, they just keep disintegrating.

So I gave Red a mid Winter cleaning.

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

And gave her a new set of Stainless steel custom grates from David (rcplanebuyer) thanks to the recommendations from this forum.

IMG_4596.jpg

These things are heavier than the cast iron grates and much heftier than I could ever imagine!

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

Awesome!

I replied to the cl ad, and David responded quickly, directed me to his eBay links to check out the products,sent me an invoice and shipped promptly!
Very nice quality.

Very nice grates Brian! I emailed that guy and asked him to make me a grate for a kettle and never heard back. Maybe you could get him to make a few. I would be willing to pay the price for a lifetime SS kettle grate. I bet they would be big seller.

Yep - those are some real beauties!

I've got to order a set for my old gasser.
(I've still got the porcelain-coated stamped steel cheapos - they're OK, but I'm sure that a set of those would be a BIG improvement.)

Very Nice!! I'm with you, cast iron is a pain. SS requires little to no maint. Let us know how you enjoy them over time.

Back