Montreal Steak Seasoning on Briskit?

Dan Crafton

TVWBB Member
Doing another whole packer tonight. I've always used Tesas Brisket Rub in the past but wanting something different. Thinking of rubbing it down with Montreal steak seasoning. Anyone ever use this? Results?

Thanks much,
Dan

It works well. I normally use Webers Chicago Steak seasoning cause it's not as salty to me. I make a paste with that and Worcestershire, love it on Brisket!:wsm:

Tim

I used it last week on a brisket it was a nice flavor, there is a lot of black pepper though. No need to add more. I will definatly use it again.

It looks like you should be done by now, but I'll throw in a suggestion anyway. We've used the Montreal Steak on briskets but we use a pepper grinder to make it a little finer, seems to even out the flavors a little to me.

It looks like you should be done by now, but I'll throw in a suggestion anyway. We've used the Montreal Steak on briskets but we use a pepper grinder to make it a little finer, seems to even out the flavors a little to me.

Thats a great idea the last bottle of MS I bought looked more like gravel then seasoning, thanks for the idea.

Back