Monday morning pork

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
I just put 8 butts in the cooker for this Friday night football games concessions. 4 were some big 9 lbers and the others were at least 7 lbs.
I applied salt first, then I added a homemade pepper infused Wolfe Rub bold, but I left the sugar out this time.
Everyone else in my house is in bed and I smell like cherry and apple wood. I love it.

Can you post some pics of your cook?
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dale Perry:
I just put 8 butts in the cooker for this Friday night football games concessions. 4 were some big 9 lbers and the others were at least 7 lbs.
I applied salt first, then I added a homemade pepper infused Wolfe Rub bold, but I left the sugar out this time.
Everyone else in my house is in bed and I smell like cherry and apple wood. I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Dale, we need more info on the rub now!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I smell like cherry and apple wood. I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too Dale, me too!

I finished packing up the pork around 8:30 PM. The rub worked pretty well IMHO. I had to stop myself from eating too much and every bite I thought to my self "Dang thats good"!
I have been serving the pork with a sweet sauce "that is what the masses seem to like" and wanted to heat it up a bit with the pepper and I think it will go over well. I didnt measure the pepper, i just thru some in. Next time i think I will add salt, pepper then the WRB just to see what happens. One of these days i will find what I am after but until then, experiments will go on.

Back