Mom Got Her a Classic Weber Redhead!

RCBaughn

TVWBB Super Fan
Mom had this given to her by her cousin. He was going to sell it in a yard sale so she asked how much he wanted since she didn't have one and she wanted me to be able to grill if I ever visit her, so he just said take it for free! I think it need some lovin' no doubt and probably a few parts, but a free classic gasser you can't beat. I kinda think I might trade her my Spirit E-310 for it...... Whatcha think? Maybe or that a dumb idea? She doesn't care which she'd have, I just didn't know how these compare to the newer Spirits and such.

That's my mini beside it from pastrami I smoked this weekend at her place. Pics of that cook coming soon.

securedownload-11.jpeg

securedownload-12.jpeg

securedownload-10.jpeg

I wonder what year this thing is? He just put new flavorizer bars on it.

But anywho, is this something I need to trade for?! Like I said she doesn't care either way she said! I'll be doing the cooking anywho, but I do it a WHOLE WHOLE lot more at my house and not hers. Maybe once a month there. I just wondered if these old Redheads were better cooking grilles than the newer Spirits.

But anywho, is this something I need to trade for?! Like I said she doesn't care either way she said! I'll be doing the cooking anywho, but I do it a WHOLE WHOLE lot more at my house and not hers. Maybe once a month there. I just wondered if these old Redheads were better cooking grilles than the newer Spirits.

If you can find the serial #, CS at Weber can date it for you. I don't know anything about the Spirits, RC, but I do LOVE my older Genny.

Well I think I'ma pull the trigger and trade her soon. It will give me a project to work on too in my free time as well. Just gotta find someone who does sandblasting in Birmingham super cheap for the two lid side panels and the bottom grilling part. The frame looks pretty good though.

I have the same grill, she's about 19 years old. I replaced the bars, grates, burners, manifold and hose. She runs like a champ and she looks classic!

Well I think I'ma pull the trigger and trade her soon. It will give me a project to work on too in my free time as well. Just gotta find someone who does sandblasting in Birmingham super cheap for the two lid side panels and the bottom grilling part. The frame looks pretty good though.

Do the trade and lets see some pics as you restore the redhead...

Back