mixed cook timing question

Ken Grove

TVWBB Member
I've got a cook I'm starting tonight / tomorrow morning and IU'm looking for confirmation about timing as I don't often do multiple meats. I'm doing pulled pork and pulled beef. The pulled pork I have a lot of experience with - Costco boneless butts that usually take somewhere between 9-12 hours to finish and pulled off at an internal temp of about 195 to 200 (i vary it depending on feel). The beef is also from Costco, but they didn't have the one I've done before so these are beef chuck pot roasts - about 1.5 inches thick. My plan is to cut them in half so each mini roast is about 6 inches square and 1.5 inches thick, then put them in disposable aluminum pans. Being thinner cuts than the pork butts, I'm figuring the beef to take about 6 hrs and I'm planning to pull it off at 205F (depending on feel of course). Does that sound about right to you guys?

To be safe (it's for a party - don't want starving and impatient guests), I'm going to start each so if my guess is right they finish at least 2 hours before required, then I'll hold them either in an ice chest or warm oven to keep the temp up.

Let me know your comments. I rarely cook more than one kind of meat, plus most of my cooks are pork so my ability to predict beef is more suspect.

Back