Mission impossible has ended...2nd long cook with lump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_W

TVWBB Super Fan
14 hours and I shut down vents. Still had about 1/3 ring full of lump left. I believe it would have went 18 hours if I had needed to.

Reference: Mission Impossible has begun!! 2nd long cook with lump.

Jim

Jim, Sounds like The Original Charcoal Co charcoal did better than the Royal Oak Lump? I can't wait to try the B & B Oak Lump. Bryan

Jim...I assume your opinion is "The Original Charcoal Company" will burn longer then "R.O."?

Where did you buy "The Original Charcoal Company"?

Thanks for the Heads-Up.

I have some Ozark Oak I will be testing......Bryan, let us know about B&B.

Jim, how did you like the lump?
Anthony, Will do. I wanted the wicked good but they are out of stock. Lee from wicked good is going to e-mail me when it comes in. Will post the results of B & B oak lump. Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony G.:
Jim...I assume your opinion is "The Original Charcoal Company" will burn longer then "R.O."?

Where did you buy "The Original Charcoal Company"?

Thanks for the Heads-Up.

I have some Ozark Oak I will be testing......Bryan, let us know about B&B. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought it at a FRED'S discount store. I kinda got on to the store manager for the way they had handled the coal. I tried to explain how easy it was to make dust out of a bag. Not sure he really cared though!

Jim

I picked up a bag of "Original" from Fred's....Thanks......$4.99/10lbs. + tax.

As with my Ozark Oak, I find this charcoal to be dense...this is a good sign...it will burn well.

The smaller a 10lb. bag is, the better (nice dense charcoal).

Jim

This is a deviation from the thread, but since you began it, I hope you'll pick this up. Have you reported on your Brinkman Professional charcoal grill you bought at Sam's ? I've thought about getting one for our hunting club, but wondered what your thoughts were after having one.

Thanks,

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul G.:
Jim

This is a deviation from the thread, but since you began it, I hope you'll pick this up. Have you reported on your Brinkman Professional charcoal grill you bought at Sam's ? I've thought about getting one for our hunting club, but wondered what your thoughts were after having one.

Thanks,

Paul <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,

I like the grill ok, but I have made a couple of mods to it. Stopped up all vent holes around the bottom. It gets way too much air!

Made another coal grate to lay on top of the slide out charcoal pan. I can get some pics if you want.

I think I would get the Platinum if I had it to do again. I don't thing the Brinkmann will last anywhere near as long as the Platinum would. Plus, air control is much better on the Weber.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back