Mini BoB cook

Ryan S

TVWBB Fan
So, the local supermarket had some 3.5# butts and an 8# brisket...a full brisket..not the flat. Trimmed it's about 12 pounds of meat. After doing a 16# brisket this one looks almost comically small, but we'll see how it goes. I also left the butts stay in the fridge rubbed for about 36 hours--started planning too far ahead. I rinsed them, soaked in cold water, re-rubbed minus the salt, and put them on. Will be interesting to see how it turns out!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Minion:
Ryan
I don't think I would have rinsed or soaked those butts, butts can handle salt easily.
Jim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to know...hopefully next time i'll find whole ones instead of these tiny guys. Will report on taste after dinner!

Post-dinner report:

I liked the pork, though one of the butts wasn't quite as done (it measured 195 when I pulled 'em,though...both in several places). Brisket had a tough spot in the middle of the flat. The point and end were good, though.

G/F says "I thought it was good!" So that's encouraging
icon_smile.gif

Back