MEATY BB RIBS - PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt J

TVWBB Fan
Here are some pics of the BBs I cooked Sat. These are the meatiest BBs I have ever cooked. I ended up having to take them out of the rib rack because they were too big for the rack and even after shrinking up a bit they still were hard to get out of the rack. So I ended up just putting them right on the upper grate at mid-way thru. I like the Southern Succor rub so thats what I ended up using for the ribs. Also like it on butts but good on ribs too. Took about 5 hours at 235deg to get them done at which point I lightly brushed them with some Howton Farms Barns a Burnin BBQ sauce and served them with some homemade baby red potato salad and BBQ Beans.............oh and a few cool brews to top it off. Let me know what you think. I get most of my meat here in the Tampa area from a local specialty meat market. This place rocks. They can get whatever you want. You just have to call them and order it 48hrs prior to picking it up. The'll cut it to your specs and even season any way you want. Of course that would be no fun....half the fun is seasoning it your self. Here's the PICS

Matt,
They look yumbo! I am drooling! Good job.
icon_biggrin.gif

There is one store locally that cuts them that thick up here called Randy's Market (143rd and LaGrange). I've done them 2 times. I'm not sure if I liked it better than a normal cut or not. It sure is cool though. Can only eat 2 or 3 bones and I'm stuffed.

Good pics. Any pics of the end result?

AR

No unfortunately I got a bit over zealous and chowed on them before I remembered to take a pic....however I still have one rack in the fridge in vacpack. I'll snap a pic of it and post it when I open it up and eat some of it for lunch tomorrow. Any suggestions on reheating BBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back