Making Memories, not Dreams

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
It’s been quite a while since I’ve posted anything, I thought moving to the country would help me slow down, it only accelerated things, so I’m trying hard to get back to where I want to be.

like most everyone the last few years have been tough. It started for me in 2019 when I lost my brother at 58. It really messed with my head. Then 2020 came along and I thought, I’m going to be 55 this year and 2020 with both numbers being double was going to be a great year for me, boy I had no idea.

COVID came just after my birthday in March, I got kidney stones in April, first time. With my dysfunctional family in July I picked up my mother. My father had fallen a second time and was in the hospital. I went on short term because my mother had advanced stage Alzheimer’s and needed 24/7. Later my father passed in September. I finally got my mom into a home to be better taken care of. This process broke me, I was no good for a while. Middle of May 2021 my mother in law passed and two weeks later my mother passed. My wife and I are the last of both of our families, our children have 4 legs. That following July I found I have blood clots in my leg and fast forward to Xmas 2021 and I tore my meniscus.

I’m waiting to have surgery now. I’ve come to realize I definitely need to slow down, get back to grilling and my latest obsession my 75 gallon aquarium Lovin my wife and dogs and stayin home, a lot.

My take away from all this, enjoy yourself….NOW, don’t wait. Make memories don't look back on dreams…DO IT. Be the best, positive person I can be. I want to make this last part of my life a memorable one, I don’t want to look back and say I wish I would’ve……

I’ve found that my wife and I are “Stay at home“ champions.I’m enjoying my time away from the farm and all the other distractions. I have so much to be thankful for and I am grateful. I want to get my cooking area going and get back to being the best fisherman on the planet.

Attachments

• E5AD8074-D824-496E-AB7F-1DB894B4EAAE.jpeg
    E5AD8074-D824-496E-AB7F-1DB894B4EAAE.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 32
Hang in there Gene.
I lost my older brother a few weeks ago, his Wife and our Mom last year.
It's hard but every day it gets better.

Glad to see you back Gene, sorry for all the health issues and family losses. You are absolutely righ,”Make Memories!”
Life is challenging enough, make the best of every minute! I was under the weather last week and we didn’t have our weekly family dinner, I really missed it! We started doing it when my grandson was maybe 3, he is now 15, aside from lock down, we have not missed more than maybe three weeks in 12 years! I think those dinner table conversations have been some of the most enjoyable times in my life!

Back