Lump Charcoal in MA

Tim O'Neil

I'm looking to make the switch to lump charcoal. Anyone have any recommendations on where to buy decent lump in MA? I see Cowboy around, but given the reviews at Naked Whiz, I'm hesitant to use it. I've used RO for grilling and will try it for smoking but looking for other suggestions.

Originally posted by Mickey Murphy:
Tim What town are you in?? If you are nearby I could give you a couple of places
Where? I've been going to a place in Woonsocket, RI. You have some closer places?

Originally posted by Tim O'Neil:
Mickey, I'm right next door to you....Maynard. Anything in the area would be great.
Tim
This is where I've been going, but I'd love it if I could find a closer place. Haven't been there since the fall. They stock lump all year and the price was about $.50 per pound. It's about 30 miles from my home, so closer would be better. Mickey, where are you? Don't keep it all for yourself now.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Frank S:
The Wicked Good Charcoal people are in you guys neck of the woods? I hear that their product is terrific. Here is a link to their Mass. locations:

Wicked Good Charcoal
I've seen their list of retailers Frank. Problem is they charge an arm and a leg. At least the ones I've called.

Dave, from what it looks like Mickey is right next to us in Marlborough. I'm going to check out a few places over this week (one in Littleton, another in Shrewsbury). I'll let you know what I find.

Tim

Originally posted by Tim O'Neil:
Dave, from what it looks like Mickey is right next to us in Marlborough. I'm going to check out a few places over this week (one in Littleton, another in Shrewsbury). I'll let you know what I find.
Tim
Ok, thanks.
The few places I've called about Wicked Good charge $20 for 22 lbs. Even with freight, I can get it for slightly less by ordering on line. I think it's $14.75 on line for 22 lbs before freight. I just checked their site. It's closed. They sold all their charcoal. They say they'll be open next week.

Back