Lucky guy, found a tri

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
I was shopping at Publix and found a tri-tip. Something special in these parts.

Good size one too, look at it next to my hand.

photo-119.jpg

So I fired up the weber kettle. Using this dealey that my uncle bought me. It's a drillmaster heat gun. Gets the charcoal going in 5 minutes. Kinda similar to using a weed burner.

photo-113.jpg

While we hunted for toads!

photo-115.jpg

Don't kiss it, Ewww!

But, we will let the tri-tip kiss the flames! Yum!

photo-109.jpg

Slicey
photo-110.jpg

Slicey

photo-111.jpg

And plated up a few slices with some crab meat stuffed mushrooms, some oven roasted Dutch yellow potatoes, and an American beer.

photo-112.jpg

So good! The misses said it tasted like a little prime rib, she kept saying how good of a dinner it was. That felt pretty good (in my stomach)!

Bonus post:

My little brother lives in an apartment in Seattle and we share photos from time to time. Check out what he sent me.

A beautiful sunset.

photo-116.jpg

Doing it right with some salmon, capers and sliced lemon. Check out that chimney starter too! Older brother has taught him well!

photo-118.jpg

And What!?

photo-117.jpg

Look at that FULL GRILL!

I know him and his wife ate like king's that night in a small Seattle apartment!

So Cool! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Kaz; excellent cook and fantastic pictures!! All of them are great - and your brother's too. The one of your daughter is just great!

BTW; your tritip looks PERFECT!! Just the way I'd try to cook it. Great Job!!

Awesome job by you and your brother and by the looks of things you both had a fantastic meal. The picture of your daughter is just great!

Beautiful TT. The salmon looks great too. Thought you were going to have frog legs, excuse me, toad legs for a minute there. Cute pic.

Nice one Kaz. I should send you a cooler packed with dry iced Tri Tips to FL the way you cook 'em.

Back