Looking for some healthy chicken and veggie recipes.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Going to do some spring training like the Giants.
Any great ideas would be appreciated.
Unfortunately I prefer boneless skinless breasts.

This is a great marinade for Chicken. I pound my chicken breasts (that’s twice I’ve said that today)

I love squash, cubed and “fried” mostly in the air fryer. Brussels sprouts are excellent when broiled (not boiled)

Another great veggie is sliced Egg Plant. If you need a recipe for that, I’ll post it tomorrow

Chicken breast stays moist and juicy so long as you indirect cook, pull at 155°F and let them rest 10 minutes. Perfect every time.

Another simple way to add flavor to them is salt water brine them in 5% salt water with a bay leave, garlic clove and a few black pepper corns. Add a finishing bbq near the end and perfect chicken. Again, indirect to 155°F.

I just posted a shoyu chicken recipe that you can make with breasts. Cook till 150° in the liquid and let rest for 30 minutes in the shoyu and then grill or broil them for carmelization.

You can butterfly a few breasts, season them and add a little oil to a CI pan and lightly sear them. Dress them with some tomato purée and mozz and broil them for chick parm without the breading. Still a healthy meal.

A simple stir fry with veggies is filling and healthy. Keep the oil low and flavors high.

ground chicken lettuce cups are also light and healthy.

What do you like to eat flavor wise?

My favorite goto for my fajita/taco style chicken is:

1709131099738.png
Put the contents of entire can in a blender and add 1 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup white vinegar (1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup white vinegar, for spicy) as well as about 3 or 4 tablespoons of my taco seasoning, or you could use any rub or taco seasoning you like.

My taco seasoning:

2 parts chili powder
2 parts cumin
2 parts paprika
2 part garlic powder
2 part onion powder
2 part black pepper
1 part cayenne pepper
1 part oregano
1 part salt

Blend it all until it's smooth and put in a container to stay in the fridge. I love this because I can make it and it lasts for 4 or 5 cooks. I've used it on chicken, pork chops, and pork loins.

When it's time for chicken or pork, I scoop out about 3 or 4 tablespoons of the mixture into a bowl to let it warm back up into a liquid then I brush it on all sides of the meat at least 30 minutes prior to grilling, but have done overnight as well.

This is what I came up with when my daughter was obsessed with Qdoba chicken and wanted me to recreate it. It's pretty spot on.

a couple more @Bruno

southbeach diet has some great recipes. I've cooked a number over the years and they are not only healthy but really tasty too.

The only change I make is I refuse to use reduced fat cheese. Tastes like crap to me. Maybe Part Skim mozzarella is as far as I'll go.

Haha I didn’t say diet, just some good chicken ideas, seems to be the preferred meat amongst the wife and kids, so I should embrace it.
I’m thinking some kebabs sound like a good first go.
Chicken kebabs rock. I love these...

My favorite goto for my fajita/taco style chicken is:

1709131099738.png
Put the contents of entire can in a blender and add 1 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup white vinegar (1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup white vinegar, for spicy) as well as about 3 or 4 tablespoons of my taco seasoning, or you could use any rub or taco seasoning you like.

My taco seasoning:

2 parts chili powder
2 parts cumin
2 parts paprika
2 part garlic powder
2 part onion powder
2 part black pepper
1 part cayenne pepper
1 part oregano
1 part salt

Blend it all until it's smooth and put in a container to stay in the fridge. I love this because I can make it and it lasts for 4 or 5 cooks. I've used it on chicken, pork chops, and pork loins.

When it's time for chicken or pork, I scoop out about 3 or 4 tablespoons of the mixture into a bowl to let it warm back up into a liquid then I brush it on all sides of the meat at least 30 minutes prior to grilling, but have done overnight as well.

This is what I came up with when my daughter was obsessed with Qdoba chicken and wanted me to recreate it. It's pretty spot on.
In high school I worked at the local country club in the kitchen. We marinated chicken breasts in a bright red/orange sauce and they were delicious. I never got the recipe, but I am going to try this and I get it will be similar. Thanks.

In high school I worked at the local country club in the kitchen. We marinated chicken breasts in a bright red/orange sauce and they were delicious. I never got the recipe, but I am going to try this and I get it will be similar. Thanks.
Yeah, when it blends and emulsifies it's orange and almost a whipped consistency. It's very good.

Weber Chicken Marinade from the free book in the kettle.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sweet basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Marinate for 2-4 hours or overnight is my preference.

Back