Little bit of everything drummers with pecan and peppers

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Had some coffee then did an all day marinade. IMG_5514.jpegWent to work and came home and prepped some other stuff! 🍺 🎵 IMG_5516.jpegIMG_5506.jpegSetup the Performer for some indirect with pecan. Did a little rub!IMG_5517.jpegGot the broccoli 🥦 going on the Gold B and enjoyed a GnT. IMG_5519.jpegIMG_5520.jpegDid some with Frank’s and left the others dryIMG_5521.jpegIMG_5522.jpegI prefer dry. Everyone was happy!IMG_5523.jpegIMG_5524.jpegCheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what I call bbq chicken.....looks amazing.
Just a regular Weber basket? How hot were you going indirect with those babies.....whatever the temp was it looks perfect.
I have a habit of too little ( then try the E6 ) and then going too hot!!! Cooking wings at around 650 is not a good choice.

That is what I call bbq chicken.....looks amazing.
Just a regular Weber basket? How hot were you going indirect with those babies.....whatever the temp was it looks perfect.
I have a habit of too little ( then try the E6 ) and then going too hot!!! Cooking wings at around 650 is not a good choice.
Thanks Darryl. Yes, two baskets with the chicken in the middle. Hovered around 350-375. Also added some pecan.

Thanks Darryl. Yes, two baskets with the chicken in the middle. Hovered around 350-375. Also added some pecan.
Excellent.
I like to aim for 450 max.......but those look good, as long as the skin isn't rubber I am a fan.
Sometimes even 450 can create " dark spots " on my wings...its touchy.

love that added twist of the Korean Rub, some nice flavors added there. i think this a perfect cook, in flavors,Heat and inviting colors.

Excellent.
I like to aim for 450 max.......but those look good, as long as the skin isn't rubber I am a fan.
Sometimes even 450 can create " dark spots " on my wings...its touchy.
Swazie, I am not sure how you are running your grill with wings, but here are a couple of pics. 2/3 of a chimney of coals 20 minutes a side, super crispy skin & the meat was tender. Threw a small chunk of apple on the kettle & let it ride wide open, thermometer was pegged.

IMG_6163.jpg
Also, I did eat all 9 in one setting!

IMG_6164.jpg

Swazie, I am not sure how you are running your grill with wings, but here are a couple of pics. 2/3 of a chimney of coals 20 minutes a side, super crispy skin & the meat was tender. Threw a small chunk of apple on the kettle & let it ride wide open, thermometer was pegged.

View attachment 90385
Also, I did eat all 9 in one setting!

View attachment 90386

Yeah I get mixed results and it probably is only because I do them different every time.
Kettle wings with vortex, weber basket one each side with a lasagna pan in the middle......this method like the most......E6 with weber baskets both to one side....this one is more scary....open everything wide open and that temp will skyrocket..........
They usually come out good, I am not upset.....just picked up 10 pounds of split wings on a sale and vac'd them in 2 person size packets for future use as the weather is now nice, it is going to be wing time here shortly.

Back