Limited Edition 26" Kettle in Glen Blue - THE UNICORN OF ALL UNICORNS! For Sale NOW

Oh, I’m one of the lucky ones on WKC that got through and ordered one over the phone last night.

And I’m definitely not a collector. This thing is going to be used for it’s intended purpose: cooking delicious food over fire and smoke!

I’ve been on the fence about buying a 26” for years, and this color pushed me over.

COOL! I am glad you were fortunate enough to get one. Please post lots of actual pictures and your honest impressions.

I think Weber would be crazy to not do another good run of these things. I would love to have one, too. Not sure I can muster that much, but if I did I agree that it should be USED. I would just baby it in between keeping it extra clean.

Most of these, I agree, will land in collector's garages (or like my restored 1974 18" "49er" in my office at work :coolkettle: ).

IMG_4761.jpg
BEFORE
Full View of 18 Inch Kettle.jpg

I'm curious how these will affect the value of the current 26ers and Glen Blues. I doubt they
have a dramatic affect, but there will be some. The red LE's lowered the value where I live
of the average red kettle about 40% to date. This will be interesting to follow.

I managed to get an order in fairly early after a friend notified me. Once I saw that the news broke on WKC I ordered soon after and put some other kettle heads on notice.

I have actually missed out on a few very nice 26ers the last couple of years that I would have been happy to buy in the $150 range, but it wasn't meant to be. Thursday the Glen Blue 26er was released on my Anniversary no less so I suppose fate had different plan in mind. Glad I held off because the wife certainly wasn't thrilled about another kettle in the basement, garage, or deck area for sure! She would have been even less thrilled if I already had a 26er in my collection. I think we will make it to the next anniversary though if anyone was worried. Haha.

Dave I would imagine that it will affect the used 26er prices to some degree because kettle heads have already started selling their less than essential kettles to make room or offset the cost of the Glen Blue 26er. For those who are shopping for a new 26er I can't imagine why you wouldn't spend the extra when you are already in that $330 plus price range unless you just aren't aware of the Glen Blue existing. I also imagine that it will affect vintage Glen Blue prices pretty harshly. I mean I would love to find one, but the last few years the cheapest one I have heard of selling was in the $800 range and it was rough. If it is decent they have been known to get in the $2,000 to $3,000 range. I can't imagine spending that kind of cash and then actually using it. Prices are likely too high when it is cheaper and more reasonable to find a donor kettle and have a custom shop do a custom porcelain coat for you. Now I don't have to do either assuming this release is decent quality. The prices were so high that even if I found one at a bargain I don't know if I could reasonably keep it with the values so high and I haven't and likely won't sell many kettles in my lifetime.

Last edited:
So Weber wants $399+ for it...just for yuks, what would an original flat top 26" Bar-B-Q-Kettle in similar condition - either restored or obsessively maintained - generally sell for?

Me too, trying to talk the wife into letting me get one....I've already got so many it's hard to justify. Guess I could sell a couple of mine and use the money to buy one....tough decision!
I ordered one, canceled it cause the wife will flip, now I want to order it again but it’s currently unavailable. Why don’t wives understand? I’ll give her $400 just to let me order it!
Oh and if your wondering if I need it? NOT AT ALL!! 😀

Cool tag Jon. Unfortunately I don't have anything that old that is clean enough to make one haha.

I think that is the first time I have seen the Weber kettle in a barrel bar like that. Now I will need to research that a bit! Wonder if it is like the Weber wishing well.

So Weber wants $399+ for it...just for yuks, what would an original flat top 26" Bar-B-Q-Kettle in similar condition - either restored or obsessively maintained - generally sell for?

I tried to get to get around $250 for mine, but got lackluster response. I decided it is worth more to me and don’t want to sell it.

Weber must be slammed. I called this morning and held for an hour before i hit the button for a call back around 10. Still no response. Im on hold again waiting to see if they have any more not reflected on the web site by chance.

Back