Leg Of Lamb

Bob Mann

TVWBB Honor Circle
I made about 8 slits in the meat and stuffed them a couple of rosemary leaves and 1/2 a garlic clove.
I made up a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, mint, oregano, rosemary and salt.
I coated a 10 pound leg of lamb with the mixture and put it in a 2 gallon zip bag for about 2 hours.
I cooked the lamb on my 22 1/2" WSM, with KBB and a couple of pecan chunks, at 340F until the IT, in the thickest part of the meat was 140F. It took about 3 1/2 hours. I then let it rest for about 1/2 hour.

It came out moist, tender and really tasty!

Marinading.
ms9t.jpg

On the WSM.
76l2.jpg

Done.
jaxc.jpg

Ready to serve.
h4wu.jpg

Beer o' the day.
bzen.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Ya did good Bob, but I'm confused, 3 1/2 hours at 340°?

We smoke a lot of leg of lamb and we run the smoker at a dome temp of 210°, take the lamb directly from the fridge to the 18.5" WSM and never had one take longer than 1 3/4 hours to reach an IT of 138°, ...I've been reading the lamb posts and seems they all take longer than mine, ...wonder what the difference is?

Karl

In another post I noted that going to Ivson's house in Angola was too far to travel,
but Long Island to Long Island for a Leg that good looking would be a snap.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks incredible! I just bought half a lamb today, as ordered whole, and I might try this for the leg.
The rest is lunch meat. Post will follow. :D

Ya did good Bob, but I'm confused, 3 1/2 hours at 340°?

We smoke a lot of leg of lamb and we run the smoker at a dome temp of 210°, take the lamb directly from the fridge to the 18.5" WSM and never had one take longer than 1 3/4 hours to reach an IT of 138°, ...I've been reading the lamb posts and seems they all take longer than mine, ...wonder what the difference is?

Karl
Dunno Karl, mine was a 10 pound, bone in leg, maybe that matters?

Back