Latest Software: LinkMeter v12 and firmware

ah, yes, I recall that now. I guess that works... I'm just used to the image being on the SD card, which would work even if there was an issue accessing the internet on the HM, and you don't need to host the image anywhere... I understand you not wanting to bloat the code, but it would be nice to just be able to select an image and upload it to the HM...

I have a two part question, first which gpio pins are not being used by the heatermeter, and second what would an alarm script for the "pit temp to low" look like that refrence that pin to send low or high? I looking at turning a relay off if the temp goes below say 150 degs, that being said it need to be in the high state if temp was above 150 degs.

Bryan, any chance you could write the HM software so when you disable the visibility of a probe on the graph it would re-scale the graph with the data from the disabled probe omitted?

For instance, if you have a pit probe, a couple food probes and an ambient temp probe..... When doing a low and slow the scale will go way down to room temp with the ambient temp on the graph, without the ambient temp the scale would be tightly focused around the done temp and pit temp. When you disable the ambient temp probe on the graph it would be nice if the graph would adjust to the range of the probes remaining on the graph, this way you could toggle between low range and high range on the HM graph....

Flot can do this too with a little effort, but I preferred it the way it is. I like it more as a way to remove clutter than a way to change the scale. I can see it being beneficial the other way too though so I may change it. I considered adding a manual scale too but I feel like you'd always have to be fiddling with it to keep things on the graph unless you were looking at something specific.

Highcharts is free for non-commercial use but HeaterMeters could be sold so it's on the edge of being commercial even though you can get it for free so I'd be hesitant to use it. If I sell someone a completed HeaterMeter with software one it and everything, then I would think that is commercial and would require a $600 license.

Have you guys seen a scenario where the set temperature changes automatically without asking it to?

This is my graph:
setjumpbug_zpsxvnzl1uc.png

The last cook I did last weekend was a pork butt and it wasn't going to be done in time so I ramped to to 275 so that I'd get it done faster via the HM web interface. Today, I threw on some ribs and of course it was still set at 275 so I turned it down manually on the HM to 225. Now, I did have the set temp in the alarms set at 275 from last weekend but again, I didn't check the interface until the thing spiked on it's own to 275. I reset it via PitDroid to 225 and just a few seconds later it jumped again. So, I reset the alarms and the set temp all to be 225 and it's holding steady now. Any ideas? I don't have any scripts that I know of either.

I was having the same "problem" too, but John Bostwick clarified to mee that the set temps in the alarm page are there as an "action" that occurs when the alarm is triggered. It you don't want anything to happen to the setpoint when the alarm occurs, then leave the "set" field in the alarm page empty.

Bryan,

Any chance of getting Pushbullet notifications as a native option in the Linkmeter software? It could go right below (or above!) the SMS Notifications config area.

The only required user info would be their Pushbullet access token.

Any chance of getting Pushbullet notifications as a native option in the Linkmeter software? It could go right below (or above!) the SMS Notifications config area.

The only required user info would be their Pushbullet access token.
Sure, but I think it should also have a checkbox for Pushbullet in each alarm, just like for EMail and SMS, right?

Compiling Heatermeter Code --- Trying to add different wireless "https://github.com/CapnBry/HeaterMeter/tree/master/openwrt/package/8192cu" however, unable to determine what steps need to be taken.

1. Does I have to do this in a Linux environment? Can it be done in windows with like Eclipse?
2. What software / virtual machine images can be used?
3. Detailed Instructions --- Any generic or specific instructions for Heatermeter.

I know Bryan Mayland has good detailed instruction -- I still just can not figure them out.

It has to be Linux as far as I know. I've done it in an Ubuntu server VM with build-essential and the svn client installed but I can't say what the exact requirements are. It's whatever it takes to build OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment! :-D

The instructions are here for that:
https://github.com/CapnBry/HeaterMeter/wiki/Building-OpenWrt-from-Source

But then once you get that compiling, you just need a openwrt Makefile for your wireless adapter (not the makefile that actually builds the source). If it already exists, there might be a kmod-* package in Wrt for it you can just select. I'd create a new thread about it if you're going to try it rather than tacking questions on to the end of this one. Also it seems like a lot of work to support another wifi adapter!

Thanks -- Not trying to build new wireless adaptor --- trying just to use the EW-7811UN chipset -- something you already have patch file for -- just do not know how to install that patch file

Since my last upgrade I seem to notice that I have to supply my login password to the HM more frequently than in the past software I was using. Is this controllable?

You have to supply a password every 24 hours, or if you reboot, or if you don't supply the session key thing (like you go back to http://XXX/ instead of staying in the http://xxxx/luci/lm/;sess=23452524ad;/ urls). I really wish there was a better way to have the session persist, but the system luci has for preventing a cross site reference attack relies on the session key in the URL so it would take a lot of work to change it.

I'd really prefer if it would also allow OAuth so you could like login with google and just fallback to the local auth if there's no internet connection. Someone should rewrite the whole dang web system!

Back